Author Topic: BSA A7, longstroke, petrol tank  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Johannes

• Active
BSA A7, longstroke, petrol tank
« on: 21.09. 2016 20:11 »
Dear all,

I have almost finished the restoration of my A7 Long stroke (1950). I spend a lot of time and money. Now, I've got a serious Problem. I send the original Petrol tank to a Special Workshop for inside cleaning and coating. Unfortunately, the Company lost my Petrol tank!
I would like to start up the A7. Therefore I've assembled the Petrol tank of my B33. However, that is Only a temporary solution.
Does the Petrol tank of the Plunger fit to my rigid A7? I can get one from a 1953 model and here are some at eBay from India.

Best regards
Johannes

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: BSA A7, longstroke, petrol tank
« Reply #1 on: 21.09. 2016 20:19 »
Bad news Johannes. I hope you hurt somebody. A lot!
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
Re: BSA A7, longstroke, petrol tank
« Reply #2 on: 21.09. 2016 22:13 »
That's really bad. How the hell does one lose a petrol tank...!?  *eek*
By the sight I would say that an A7 plunger tank wouldn't fit. Your cylinder head sits to high up. The bottom of the tank would hit the rockerbox I think. An A10 plunger tank would be a better bet as it has a deep recess underneath to accommodate the higher A10 cylinder. The mounting holes are the same on both A7 and A10 so that should work.
I still have my old A10 plunger tank which is sound but has a nasty dent on the left and a hole on top where the PO installed a breather pipe. If you are interested in it PM me, maybe we can find an arrangement.
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium