Author Topic: PM's going missing  (Read 757 times)

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
PM's going missing
« on: 15.05. 2017 23:22 »
I've sent a couple of PM's to a member on here but for some reason although it says that they have been successfully sent they do not appear on my sent box.

Have they been sent...where are they?

Online JulianS

• 1962 A10
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: PM's going missing
« Reply #1 on: 16.05. 2017 11:50 »
When sending a PM make sure you have ticked the box "save a copy in my outbox" which is below the main dilogue box.

I had same trouble.

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 16.05. 2017 12:26 »
As Julian says. & tested pm, all well.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline 900triple

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 16.05. 2017 19:12 »
Does that mean that the two messages have not actually been sent to the other member then, unless the box is ticked?

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 16.05. 2017 19:58 »
^^^ Hello, 'Send message' button sends the message, the 'save a copy' setting has no impact on that, it's just a choice to keep a copy if one so wishes.

& see 'Help' in the main meny for all the options available in Personal Message, quote:

"To view sent messages, select "Sent Items" under "Messages" in the button menu or left side panel. A message is saved to "Sent Items" only if the option Save a copy in my outbox is selected when sending a message. This option can be set as default in the Personal Message Options section of the Profile. "

edit: added snip from profile setting.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"