Author Topic: Belated Hello  (Read 340 times)

Offline Black Sheep

• Wise & Enlightened
    • Where black sheep live
Belated Hello
« on: 29.05. 2017 07:17 »
Hello form Scotland. We bought our 1959 A10 GF combo for ?42 in 1972 when our first son was born. Once the carburation was sorted out and the disintegrating valve guides replaced it did us for years as family transport. When 4 wheels finally arrived, the sidecar was removed. Over the years the A10 received Boranni rims, an alloy head and rev counter, a TLS brake (my wife really didn't rate the standard SLS 8" brake and it's her bike) and a change from gold to black.
The A10 was joined by a 1951 A7 Star Twin in 1977, bought unseen by my wife. 1 owner, abandoned and rusty, ?45 this time. A rapid rebuild got this on the road about the same time my Norton blew up again. The Star Twin (featured in Real Classic a few years ago) has served faithfully ever since, even being used by my son as a staff bike when he had a spell working on Classic Motorcycle. It get used for everything from long distance commuting, holidays, to the Beamish Tropy Trial.
There are other machines lurking in the shed, but these are the ones that get used.     
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Belated Hello
« Reply #1 on: 29.05. 2017 08:32 »

Geez BS/ aka Gordo the Great  *smile* that's impressive that the missus helps run the bike show *yeah*

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia