Author Topic: Crankcase problems - repair or replace?  (Read 3408 times)

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
Re: Crankcase problems - repair or replace?
« Reply #15 on: 15.06. 2009 18:58 »
Impossible to speak too highly of T and L.
Best people I've dealt with in years Did a m/cycle crank for me overnight, sorted out a rod problem, and showed me round the shop. Fantastic things they do. Loads of engines, from vintage to modern Santa Pod dragsters to gawp at, and tremendously good at toolmaking for odd or horrible jobs - like recutting valve seats in 4-valve head vintage Bentleys with integral head and cylinders (a long way up, as anyone who's ever looked up one will know). Barry Talbot or any of the family will help, and they knoweth what they doeth. Also have a v nice dynamic balancing machine for cranks, which they'll use to set you up however you want. Also do white-metalling, any reaming/boring/whatever. Enthusiasts. No bull shit. Excellent value. Day jobs are largely commercial vehicles but they treat 'us' really well too.
(Just my view, no connection either, but that's where all and any of my bottom ends are going when they have to)
Bill

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
« Reply #16 on: 19.06. 2009 17:56 »
Sadly, they cant repair my worn splines so I will need to take it to SRM.

Regards

Andy

1958 Super Rocket
Plus
Harley Super Glide Custom
Yam XJR 1300

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #17 on: 19.06. 2009 22:36 »
yup, sorry to see that in the other thread . . . not quite sure why that might be. Not sure how such a repair would be done, but I'd have thought building up with weld and then recutting? But could be problems with treating the shaft afterwards? Just don't know. Still think they're great people though.
Bill