Author Topic: The Future?  (Read 397 times)

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
The Future?
« on: 03.07. 2017 04:47 »
hi guys, is this the future?  not for me, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Online Black Sheep

• Resident Legend
    • Where black sheep live
Re: The Future?
« Reply #1 on: 03.07. 2017 07:06 »
There was an EU proposal, now dropped I believe, that in future motorcycles should be single cylinder, max size 600cc and automatic transmission. There were hows of protest but in fact I rather liked the idea...
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline Rgs-Bill

• A's Best Friend
  • Rocket Gold Star-Bill - U S of A -- N.W. Corner
« Reply #2 on: 03.07. 2017 21:33 »
hi guys, is this the future?  not for me, cheers

NO WAY, have to have a motorcycle that actually looks like a real motorcycle, not some science fiction looking THINGAMAJIG  ! ! ! !

RGS-BILL  ! ! ! !

U S of A
N.W. Corner, Seattle 
1962 RGS
78 YEARS OLD
Still Kick Starting My Motor (9 TO 1)
Although getting a bit tougher to do ! !

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 03.07. 2017 21:53 »
In my opinion a motorcle should have more functionality than style; that thing has more style than functionality. Not good for me.

Online mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 03.07. 2017 22:16 »
first time i saw a ducati duvial i thought it looked wierd. now i quite like them. but that thing is a innovation too far. my scrambler is described somewhere as a 'post classic... land of joy and self expression'  *eek* but that thing pictured is too much post-park bench from the land of bobberized  bat-mobiles. nup.
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '18 Triumph Street Triple RS

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 03.07. 2017 22:25 »
I think if you were going 150 MPH on the thing, which I am sure it would do, you would not be thinking of the esoteric question of function over style.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #6 on: 04.07. 2017 17:19 »
I used to think Pierre Terblanche(sp?) designed the world's ugliest bikes. Now, I'm not so sure......

Offline Slippery Sam

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #7 on: 04.07. 2017 19:42 »
I actually nearly bought a ducati diavel! Went to do the deal and the sales guy talked me into a test ride.  He asked if I would pop a little fuel in as it was running a bit low.  I got about 10 miles into the test ride and found a fuel station. Stopped, filled up then went to get the keys before going in to pay. No keys - it's keyless and nowhere to put them.  They were in the sales guy's pocket back in great western road Glasgow. Had to wait an hour till they tracked down the receptionist to save me!
By the way - lovely bike, really a joy to ride (and yes 150mph+ bike) and did I buy one - well sadly not.  I got talked into trying the 1299 panigale and had to have that instead - guess I must have really needed the 200+ bhp
I am getting old now like you codgers - hence the Bsa however I have to say I like the look of the concept - would I have one - no.  I prefer the actual diavel it's based on (I think by the look of it).
Raymond
BSA A10 Cafe Racer project
Scotland

Offline Kickaha

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #8 on: 04.07. 2017 23:28 »
In my opinion a motorcycle should have more functionality than style; that thing has more style than functionality. Not good for me.

Form follows Function-Bauhaus

I can taste the sick in my mouth looking at that thing but it's not uncommon even with the street scrambler/brat/
Bagger etc etc etc
1955 BSA Gold Flash
New Zealand