Author Topic: Hub cover  (Read 428 times)

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Hub cover
« on: 27.08. 2017 09:45 »
front wheel, 8 inch FWH
Sadly I'm selling one of my bikes (hole in savings account)
I have a stainless cover which is a good itenm and good fit on the bike I'm keeping,   I trid to buy one for the Flash I'm selling but the stainless hub covers are not available at the moment, so  I will either sacrifice the stainless one I have  if I can't get a chrome one to fit (the quality is not of these is not good).
An other option would be a stainles hub cover for an A75 or maybe a Triumph (steady boys), anybody know if one of these would fit

Cheers Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Hub cover
« Reply #1 on: 27.08. 2017 23:12 »
 Bill,

My hub cover is chrome, made by MCA?

It looks the part, but it took well over an hour to get it took fit. The inside diameter is too small, and the large diameter that should snap on to the hub didnt fit either.

I had to grind the inside larger, then I used a silicone sealant to glue the outside to he hub so at least it would not rattle.

It looks good, but its a POS.

If you do find someone that makes a decent stainless cover could you post it? That way I can swap out to a good one.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 28.08. 2017 09:43 »
I used a silicone sealant to glue the outside to he hub so at least it would not rattle.
Thanks Lee. I'll remember that silicon tip when the new one arrives, I mildly  butchered the one I had so can't return it.
Yes I recognise all the problems you listed, hoping with that knowledge onboard I can get a better result, if not then looks like I'll loose my stainless one - DOH
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 31.08. 2017 00:46 »

My hub cover is chrome, made by MCA?

It looks good, but its a POS.

That's typical of any MCA product and is why I avoid them at all costs.

I purchased a stainless steel cover on eBay a few years ago, is of good quality but sadly most items for our bikes are made in small batches and got to get them while you can.