Author Topic: Shooting Star  (Read 194 times)

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Shooting Star
« on: 15.10. 2017 16:32 »
About ten years ago I became aware of a nice shooting star in one of my neighbours garages. There are enough spares including a rebuilt engine and gearbox to build a second bike. He died a couple of years ago and his wife is now considering selling as a job lot. I may be the point of contact one day in the future when this lot is advertised. I have sold quite a few bikes on ebay and other sites, but this is quite a big parcel. What would be the best way to dispose of this lot. It is in Essex.

Online Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
Re: Shooting Star
« Reply #1 on: 15.10. 2017 16:59 »
Not to be rude, but anything filling a 20 or 40 foot shipping container IS a big lot, but otherwise is just a prudent purchase ( Bike or 2 with spare parts) so all relative to scale I suppose.

Shooting star might have been associated with a number of bikes, but first thing comes to mind is 441 unit single or 250?  Or is this an A7 or A10?

As to disposing of extras, I am afraid I dont really understand the context of the question, but perhaps I am missing something.   Lets see......... stash of vintage bike parts?  Just mentioning it gets most people excited and word of mouth alone could do it, mentioning on the internet forum?  Local or regional Autojumble/swap meet?  eBay?  Craigslist in the USA.......or did I miss something?
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Re: Shooting Star
« Reply #2 on: 15.10. 2017 17:15 »
It's the old A7. Just sounding out the real market on here instead of dreamers prices on ebay. I have had a message from a guy who has a museum who wants the bike but not spares. I will probably buy the spares if need be. Hate seeing these parts going to waste, thanks for reply.