Author Topic: Dynamo reconditioning  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Peter Gee

• Valued Contributor
Re: Dynamo reconditioning
« Reply #15 on: 14.02. 2018 10:18 »
I do mine in passivated white/bright zinc plating..any plating shop will do this job easily..... after a year or two of ageing they take on a nice duller "cadmium" look. However it is possible to do small batch cadmium plating in USA..go onto the Vincent Owners Club on Facebook and ask them..lots of restorers do it so someone is handlin small batch.

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 14.02. 2018 13:02 »
Make sure the plater uses so-called colourless zinc plating as this is the nice silver colour. The yellow version is passivated and looks crap. I haven't been able to get cad plate done for many years as the water companies don't like toxic chemicals being poured down the community drains..

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 14.02. 2018 13:06 »
Make sure the plater uses so-called colourless zinc plating as this is the nice silver colour. The yellow version is passivated and looks crap. I haven't been able to get cad plate done for many years as the water companies don't like toxic chemicals being poured down the community drains..

I wonder if that’s going to change with Brexit  *bash*

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 14.02. 2018 17:49 »
Worse than that, the water's going to go down the plug hole in the opposite direction post-Brexit. *sad2*

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 15.02. 2018 06:55 »
Worse than that, the water's going to go down the plug hole in the opposite direction post-Brexit. *sad2*

Can't wait to re-join the rest of the world.   *smile*
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK