Author Topic: Tricon switch on 53 Flash ?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Josh Cox

• Valued Contributor
Tricon switch on 53 Flash ?
« on: 27.06. 2009 01:49 »
I know it's not original, but would be very neat, is there any reason why I could not use a Tricon switch on a 53 Flash ?.

Thanks.
Black 1953 Golden Flash Plunger

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Tricon switch on 53 Flash ?
« Reply #1 on: 27.06. 2009 02:02 »
Josh,

I didn't even know what it was until you mentioned it and I looked it up. Just my 2¢ worth ("¢" - I'm in the USA, after all), but I don't think I like the small plastic horn button where you could have nice big chrome-plated one. I particularly did not like the version with the turquiose blue button (I think, the kill switch). Also, by putting everthing on one side, the harness size for the wires is increased and more obvious. My opinions not withstanding, "whatever floats your boat."

Richard L.

Offline olev

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 27.06. 2009 03:58 »
Josh,
I've used these switches for years on different bikes and wouldn't use anything else.
They are neat and reliable.
I always use the high/low beam switch to operate a relay hidden in the headlight.
The rivet counters will have a fit if you stick one on your flash.
cheers

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 27.06. 2009 04:24 »
Just to be sure there is no confusion, I am the furthest thing from a rivet counter (8,628 just in the left wing, by the way ;) *smile*, kidding, obviously). Any A10 entusiast looking at my bike or following my posts on this forum could identify 30 things, many major, that are not stock. My opinion on the switch just reflects my idea of what particular non-stock item looks, to me, better than another.  Nevertheless, I can't see any functional superiority, and, qualitatively, they are likely made in the same Taiwanese factory as the separate components and no better or worse.

I am now up to 4¢. Stop me when I get to $1.00.

Richard L.

Offline Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #4 on: 27.06. 2009 04:31 »
Josh there is no reason whatsoever that you couldnt use a tricon switch. Its all a matter of how original you want your bike. Its the same old thing, its your bike so you can do whatever you want.

Offline Josh Cox

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 27.06. 2009 06:19 »
Thanks for your opinions.

Original is important, to a point, the Tricon seems very very functional, all switches in the one spot, could even hide all the wires inside the handle bars if you so desired.

Cheers.
Black 1953 Golden Flash Plunger