Author Topic: ONE Moto show, Portland Oregon, Hipsters & old farts galore.  (Read 248 times)

Online Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
Figured I would update you folks on our local scene,, (Pretty cool)  What you are missing this weekend.
Filmed by one of the wankers in the local Norton club, (he's a transplanted Yorkshire lad, creamed peas and all) loves to post videos,
Here is his work, todays show.   PBR swilling Hipsters, doddering old fools drinking espresso and PNW Dark roast like me, and everything in between.  (& PIZZA!!!!)

For Mandatory BSA Content check out the BSA A10 custom show bike @ 7:15, allegedly a survivor of the California show circuit.

Patina and attitude till your eyes fall out, see anything you want details of I will be taking more pix in the AM.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBsPmKKo1I8&feature=youtu.be
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Online Sluggo

• Resident Legend
And one more,, This is from David of the OVM (Oregon vintage MC) and pardon the annoying Grateful dead music, (He has a affliction with that on his videos)  But a slightly different view than Mikes.

They have bands all 3 days as well, some WIDE variety of New Wave Country, Heavy Metal, a Prince tribute band, and some punk.  At this show, the Harleys dont go Potato Potato Potato,.,,,,,,,
The go Patina Patina Patina...................

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts_fS2ONSyU&feature=youtu.be

Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • The A7
All amazing and some of the metal work, the tank on the Yam XS and the Indian just after in video one. It does make you wounder why we suffer the agony of not being able to get good reproduction parts. I know its cost but at present it seams a bit like a roulette wheel you pay money and you get something that probably does not fit. There are obviously some very talented people out there, think I would rather use them.
When ever I go to a show you are luck to get close to some of the nicest bike let alone be able to photograph them.
1961 A7 since 1976
1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project
1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger (becoming a project)

Offline BritTwit

• Moving Up
I liked the A10 show bike but I'm sceptical of it being a "survivor".  I just don't think you would see that all metal hipster seat at the L.A. Autorama circa 1965.  A nice Bates roll and tuck would seem more in character.  But hey, just more old man crazy talk.

Online Sluggo

• Resident Legend
I did take some more pix on Sunday AM, Including several of the A10. I would have to rsize them to post here, but can if there is interest.  Saturday was a mob scene,, people so crammed in and socializing you couldnt see the bikes hardly.  Plus there is really cool art displays in all kinds of media.  My friend Cliff Danger who looks a LOT like Charlie Brown, especially in his yellow rain gear with the zig-zag stripes was there.  He had LUCY,, his russian bike he rode thru Vietnam and Cambodia, as well as Across the US and then a boat to Cuba. 
The bike is such a POS that he rebuilt the engine 9 times in the trip across the US. So ,, we can whinge and snivel about English bikes,. but just try it on a POS Russian 125.  But Cliffs shows and narratives are amazing and you can buy his pix and artwork.

Anyrate, Here is a video from last year, and pretty cool cinematography and editing.. While waiting for Spring check out our local scene...  Aside from the Skinny jean Hipsters it IS pretty cool!.
(New word of the day,,, "Lumbersexuals")

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWpmSjTTFYc

Online Sluggo

• Resident Legend
here is my friend "Cliff Danger's" website,, I will let you explore it on your own, but consider supporting his work or buying some prints to help a great artist make his next journey, plus you dont have to read on his blog about washing dishes in some hell hole to fund the next leg.
He has several events coming up in my area, Power point shows and commentary, But feel free to contact him about a visit to your area. He travels all over.
Lucy is being retired.. but he is building another bike for the next journey.

See: http://www.cliffdanger.com/lucy/