Author Topic: Oil tank return line banjo fixing  (Read 692 times)

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
Oil tank return line banjo fixing
« on: 20.02. 2018 16:42 »
Can anyone tell what size spanner is required to undo the nut that holds the return oil line rocker feed banjo in place on a S/A oil tank? I have plenty of WW/BSF spanners but I cannot seem to find one that fits. All the spanners that I have are just a little to big or a little bit to small. Not a metric or AF size surely? The only way I can get a spanner to fit is to use an adjustable, but that is not a road I want to go down.
John

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
Re: Oil tank return line banjo fixing
« Reply #1 on: 21.02. 2018 19:00 »
Can anyone tell what size spanner is required to undo the nut that holds the return oil line rocker feed banjo in place on a S/A oil tank? I have plenty of WW/BSF spanners but I cannot seem to find one that fits. All the spanners that I have are just a little to big or a little bit to small. Not a metric or AF size surely? The only way I can get a spanner to fit is to use an adjustable, but that is not a road I want to go down.
John
I use a 20 mm metric. A tad sloppy fit but it does the job without damage.
Looks like it needs a 25/32” spanner but I have not come across one yet
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 21.02. 2018 19:48 »
John

Looks like it needs a 25/32” spanner but I have not come across one yet

Lots on ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=25%2F32%E2%80%9D+spanner&_sacat=0
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #3 on: 22.02. 2018 08:32 »
 have a nice Stahlwillie one, very thin walled ( which is why I bought it in the first place )
Being  hairy faced ( to hide the spots ) I just walked into the tool shop, bolt in hand and asked for the strongest smallest finest spannars they had in these sizes cuase they had to fit in the tool kit.
That was 1968, they cost more than a weeks wages, but I still have ll of them now so well worth the money in the long run.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
« Reply #4 on: 22.02. 2018 10:22 »
Lots on ebay
Indeed there are. Just ordered one thanks for your help chaps.