Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 147946 times)

Offline Colsbeeza

• Resident Legend
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #3120 on: 16.11. 2023 04:29 »
I haven't been out for a week or so. Older brother and motorcycle nut visited yesterday from Melbourne ( a 12-hr road drive). I started the BSA and Ohh what a note!!. Brother got quite excited. He has been in a wheelchair now for 2 years so first visit since, but the light in his eyes has not abated one bit.
Col
1961 Golden Flash
Australia

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3121 on: 16.11. 2023 04:49 »
Great for the Bruv’… well done Col.
point is, they do all sound SO good eh?

Offline berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #3122 on: 20.11. 2023 18:16 »
urma the yonda is now back on two wheels and in the storage garage now i have put a new fork seal on her leg. the seal that leaked because of wear and very slight pitting was 48mm od 35mm id and 11mm thick. my idea was to fit a 34mm id to help it out with a tiny bit more grip' the only seal i could get with the od and id that i wanted was only 7mm thick so the lathering tool made a 4mm ring in ally as a spacer to fit under the retaining circlip. i know why they made lathering tools now---------------------- they were designed to press in fork seals *bright idea* so a steel collar was at hand along with a bit of flat and in went the seal. now i have hoovered the Axminster carpet and taken the berglar build slimline out of the house and into the living room garage so she can talk to betsy beezer, it won't be long before maggy may is in my hands and the engine timed up on the kitchen workbench then into the frame and on i go. the building a berger project has been going on far too long but such is life  [ what is life without a wife , what a bstd with one  *pull hair out* ] thankyou for listening have a nice day .. ps i did NOT go to the pub i did sheddy and bikey things *yeah* *work*   and if this new seal leaks after a few miles it looks like a re chromed forks job *sad* after all it is over 40 years old and this leg was full of water when i bought the bike having been left on it's side stand for years.. second and 3rd pic is my engineer puddy making sure i don't mess things up AGAIN!!

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #3123 on: 20.11. 2023 19:36 »
Nowt on the bike today - fighting off a stinker of a cold *angry* *angry* *angry* *razz* *razz* *razz*
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3124 on: 21.11. 2023 08:19 »
G'day Fellas.
Sat took the old girl for a blat around the block to test the sparkles. All good so Sun took her up to the Bathurst car & bike show. Only about 50 bikes and 150 tin tops.
Came home the back way with three pub stops. May have had two too many at the last but only a few miles to home.
Squeezing between the Ranger and shed I misjudges and went down trapping my left foot under the footpeg and head between bike and post. My cries for help were heard by Deb and a passer by. Took a bit to get me untangled but no damage to bike or me.
Grounded for a week  *whistle*
Cheers 
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #3125 on: 21.11. 2023 09:58 »
Is Debs going to punish you severely *????* *eek* *eek* *wink2* ::hh:: ::hh::
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3126 on: 21.11. 2023 10:14 »
Squeezing between the Ranger and shed I misjudges and went down trapping my left foot under the footpeg and head between bike and post.
Jesus H Christ, that could have been terrible. Take care buddy 🙏
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Colsbeeza

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3127 on: 21.11. 2023 10:43 »
G'day Fellas.
Sat took the old girl for a blat around the block to test the sparkles. All good so Sun took her up to the Bathurst car & bike show. Only about 50 bikes and 150 tin tops.
Came home the back way with three pub stops. May have had two too many at the last but only a few miles to home.
Squeezing between the Ranger and shed I misjudges and went down trapping my left foot under the footpeg and head between bike and post. My cries for help were heard by Deb and a passer by. Took a bit to get me untangled but no damage to bike or me.
Cheers 
Grounded???. Don't even think about it Muskrat.! An apalling thought.  *eek*
1961 Golden Flash
Australia

Offline Black Sheep

• Wise & Enlightened
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #3128 on: 22.11. 2023 06:26 »
Sounds like good material for a Don't Drink and Drive advert.
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline Macbeth

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3129 on: 08.12. 2023 04:12 »
Rode a BSA for the very first time after 42 yrs riding & 38 bikes. Bought it a month ago yet it needed a few things sorted before I brought it home to join the Red Twin Gang. Actually very impressed with it, particularly the handling as I expected differently. My Guzzi is reversed in the gear box so im used to reverse pattern yet opposite sides threw me a bit at the start

1960 Big Valve Super Rocket

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3130 on: 08.12. 2023 04:27 »
G'day Fellas.
Cheers

Sell the Ranger!

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3131 on: 08.12. 2023 18:29 »
Rode a BSA for the very first time after 42 yrs riding & 38 bikes. Bought it a month ago yet it needed a few things sorted before I brought it home to join the Red Twin Gang. Actually very impressed with it, particularly the handling as I expected differently. My Guzzi is reversed in the gear box so im used to reverse pattern yet opposite sides threw me a bit at the start
Wow, you have a red bike for every occasion!

I'm happy that your riding experience on the Beeza was a happy one 👍
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3132 on: 08.12. 2023 19:22 »
G'day Macbeth.
Wow what a great looking BSA.
Yes getting the brakes/gearchange right can be "fun", even my two A's are different. 1 up 3 down and 1 down 3 up on the right. Then there's the other three with 1 down 4 up on the left. Even after an hour in the saddle I still muff up!
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Colsbeeza

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3133 on: 09.12. 2023 10:40 »
A stunning Collection MacBeth. And welcome to the Forum. The BSA looks fantastic. Enny-Meeny-Minee-Mo - What shall I ride today.?
Col
1961 Golden Flash
Australia

Offline Macbeth

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3134 on: 09.12. 2023 12:22 »
A stunning Collection MacBeth. And welcome to the Forum. The BSA looks fantastic. Enny-Meeny-Minee-Mo - What shall I ride today.?
Col

Ta mate. I never have to worry if I find a flat battery …I just take another. The Honda is my daily as it’s crazy easy to live with. I  do need a nice 50’s outfit though but it’s got to be red however I’ll accept a single 🤣

I left the Rocket outside last night (not the brightest idea considering there’s no key) & to my amazement it fired on the very first kick this morning, very impressed ! 1 kick & off it went. Looks like it’s going to be a nice bike

1960 Big Valve Super Rocket