Author Topic: Cannot add picture to profile.  (Read 767 times)

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Cannot add picture to profile.
« on: 22.09. 2018 17:49 »
Comes up with error codes, page not working ? Been like this for a few weeks. My picture was on there, just wanted to update.

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Re: Cannot add picture to profile.
« Reply #1 on: 22.09. 2018 19:21 »
Hello, did a test-upload in the profile settings, as you can see it works, so must be something with the image you try to upload.

Can you post it here as an attachment and I can have a look.

Thanks
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 25.09. 2018 17:00 »
File too large. I can post pictures on most Forums but not this, been an ongoing issue. Will look at other ways of resizing thanks.

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 25.09. 2018 17:34 »
Hello, general size limits is not any issue. Nothing to do with forum software or server storage\bandwidth, but an important choice & feature:

to show respect towards those who do not have access to fast internet connections & to maintain an overall snappy forum speed for all visitors and members. With images still looking great. The limit is a general\overall upload limit, thus including avatar uploads as well as normal attachments.

All info > "Why the 1,5 MB limit" & "Avatar" in https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=427.0
Same topic contains many recommendations for easy picture resize.

Good luck, you'll get your avatar in place in 2 minutes.

"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"