Author Topic: Indian chainguard  (Read 506 times)

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Indian chainguard
« on: 25.10. 2018 11:54 »
Good morning  Fellow  mental pieces , from a very grey Liverpool my beloved as taken me to task as She hasn't been out for a ride on the A10 this yr !  Her fault really ,whats wrong with grease being flung off the chain , anyway I've been ordered to sort it . Now my A10 any fittings for a guard so I assume would have been fitted originally with BSA's full chain guard ,so question is as  anyone fitted one of the Indian parts being offered and if so how successful was the fit ?  Come on guys this is serious ,shes threatening to lose the Garage keys or worse  if I don't sort it and to stop me going out !!! *eek* *bash*
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Indian chainguard
« Reply #1 on: 25.10. 2018 15:18 »
 So you want to try and fit a fully enclosed chain cover made in India? *eek*

In my opinion, that's gutsy.

You know going in it's going to have problems,  that's a given.

The real gamble is if it's worth the time and effort to get it fitting correctly or if you are better off buying a new one from a different maker.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline bikerbob

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 25.10. 2018 15:50 »
Assuming that it has been made to the correct size it is still a major job to fit. You have to competely strip off the primary side to fit the first part whch goes between the rear primary and the gearbox it is held in place by the 2 bolts that hold the sliding plate you may have to get extended ones depending on what the present set up is, then  fit the top and bottom halves then the end section. Mine has been fitted from when the bike was new and it is still quite a fiddle to fit if I ever have to take it off.  You need a bit of Good Luck with anything that is made in India.
56 A7 s/a
63 A65

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 25.10. 2018 15:59 »
No my friends afraid I've given the wrong info , that would be  far to much hassle I'm looking at the simpler  units just basically a top cover and was looking for some suggestions as to alternative fittings as my s/arm hasn't got any .
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #4 on: 25.10. 2018 20:08 »
Got one from De Groot a couple of years ago. Fitted the existing brackets well.
Will be difficult if you haven’t got the brackets on the swingarm though. You’ll have to make up some clips from a strip of metal or weld on something to hold it up.
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline Tomcat

• Valued Contributor
59 Super Rocket