Author Topic: VMCC online shop  (Read 161 times)

Offline UncleD

• Moving Up
  • My giddy aunt!
VMCC online shop
« on: 12.01. 2019 21:38 »
Morning all,
I have a partially filled order from November that has been paid for but am still waiting on £87 worth of parts (not a small amount).  The invoice with the parts (tools) I did receive indicated the remainder were still being processed (whatever that means).

I am getting no reply to emails and see on the website that the future of the online store is in doubt.  Is there something about this site /club I should know?

I have sent a third email this morning requesting a refund and will try to ring the number on the website however this is not a simple task from Australia!

Getting worried that I have just lost my money.

Northern Territory, Australia

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: VMCC online shop
« Reply #1 on: 12.01. 2019 21:47 »
I expect you are not the only one affected by this. I cannot think that the venerable VMCC would allow members to be out of pocket. What about sending a mail to the actual club, at general@vmcc.net ?

Offline UncleD

• Moving Up
  • My giddy aunt!
« Reply #2 on: 12.01. 2019 22:21 »
Will try that address...thanks GB.

Northern Territory, Australia

Online lawnmowerman

• Resident Legend
  • 1959 Super Rocket. Kent, England
« Reply #3 on: 12.01. 2019 23:02 »
Hi UncleD. I am a member of the VMCC and I can confirm that the retail arm of the business will be closing at the end of March this year in accordance with members' wishes. It is making a loss when HQ costs of order taking and postage and handling charges are factored in.
You could try sending an email to Pam Goodfellow at the VMCC HQ, email address general@vmcc.net
You could also CC the email to Ian Botham who is the General Manager, email address  ianbotham@vmcc.net
You can be confident that you have not lost your money, it may be that the parts you have ordered are out of stock and as the shop is closing they are not re-stocking. There is no excuse, however, for not keeping you up to date on the order.
Hope you get it sorted but if not, feel free to PM me and I will call them on your behalf.

Jim
1959 A10 SR
1938 Wolseley 14/60
1955 Ferguson TEF20 tractor
1965 Ferguson 135 tractor
1952 Matchless G80 rigid
1960 BMW R60

Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die  (Jethro Tull 1976)

Online Sav

• Moving Up
  • Webmaster VMCC Men of Kent
    • Ashley, Ripple & Studdal Enthusiasts
« Reply #4 on: 13.01. 2019 09:46 »
Little surprised by this.

As a VMCC member I have always found the club first rate with comms.

I am sure it will be sorted

Sav
1961 A10SR, spent a fortune at SRM
1961 A7SS, finally the right green
2011 New addition 1937 Empire Star, twin port, high pipes. M23 turned out to be the most unreliable bike I have ever handled.
2017 finally found the liner/barrel were flexing and causing all the overheating/nipping up. Early B33 barrel fitted and it's reliable at last!

Offline Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • The A7
« Reply #5 on: 13.01. 2019 09:58 »
Hi UncleD
Just to add to the reassurances. The VMCC is the largest old bike club in the world with approaching 15000 members It is capital rich but over recent years has had a few issues with what it should be doing and what its future will be. The retail arm has been a particular issue as said before in isolation it loses money and it can only supply much the same sort of items as any one of the many vendors already out there (it does have a few very special parts for very old bikes)
I am sure if you follow Jim’s instructions it will be sorted.
Angus
1961 A7 since 1976
1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project
1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger (becoming a project)

Offline Swarfcut

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 13.01. 2019 10:24 »
Angus.. Years ago I was a VMCC member and a committee member of my local section. It was the time when it was a small club, very aware of the support from its enthusiastic members. I left when it morphed into a Limited Liability (Money Making) Company. This seemed to me the complete opposite of the vision of the founder members.

I note that the Top Man at the UK National Motorcycle Museum has a VMCC background. The Museum appears to have a very diverse  retail offering online, so assume it just acts as a intermediary between customers and numerous national stockists, with very little risk to invested capital.

I sometimes get copies of the Vintage magazine, and find the monthly committee reports a source of political entertainment, of the sort we have been used to in the UK for the last couple of years.

Swarfy.