Author Topic: unidentified bracket  (Read 647 times)

Offline jonny web

• Moving Up
unidentified bracket
« on: 07.05. 2019 16:07 »
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and looking forward to sharing any info I can. I'm currently building a basket case 1951 A10 Golden Flash. I have a bracket which seems to belong to the bike as it was painted the same sandy color as most of the other parts, but I have no idea what it is, can anyone help, Thanks
Jonny

Online Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: unidentified bracket
« Reply #1 on: 07.05. 2019 16:26 »
Hi. At a quick look it does not look like an official part for your bike, more like a home built part.  From the picture, the front mudguard is from a much later Swing Arm model, as it is a single piece pressing with a single fixing at the rear. The correct mudguard is a three piece fabrication with a lower fixing on each side, so possibly to do with this fitment, but doubtful. All the parts interchange, it just depends how faithful to original you want to be.

Looks as if you are making good progress, so head over to the introductions section and give us the back story.

Good luck, welcome on board.

Swarfy.

Offline jonny web

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 07.05. 2019 16:46 »
thanks for the quick reply, and will introduce myself asap, the front mudguard does indeed look one piece but is in fact zje correct one just that somebody filled the nice line between the three pressings with filler, i will get it out at some point with a wire brush !
cheers J

Offline Simon59

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 08.05. 2019 08:21 »
Hi Jonny. Your restoration is looking good, well done. I've recently stripped a 1954 plunger A10 frame down to the last nut and bolt but I don't recognise the bracket in your picture. So, I agree with Swarfy, that it's probably a later addition by a Previous Owner. Good luck, Simon
Restored a 1954 plunger framed A10 Golden Flash - now finished!

Offline Del 60

• Active
« Reply #4 on: 08.05. 2019 14:06 »
If the two holes are about 8-5in apart 
Could it be a home made lifting handle ?

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 10.05. 2019 15:29 »
How are you going to get it off of the bench when it's finished  *conf*. Well done so far and welcome.

Offline jonny web

• Moving Up
« Reply #6 on: 21.05. 2019 19:59 »
Thanks for the info, still no idea what it is, but if its left over when i ve finished, then i don t need it !. I will dry build on the bench then strip down again and give it a coat of paint, then let cure for a while and rebuild in the garage