Author Topic: Wiring Loom Layout  (Read 1479 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Wiring Loom Layout
« Reply #15 on: 27.06. 2019 14:36 »

AJ- I'm no expert, but I think when running two batteries in parallel is a good idea to have some kind of doodads (diodes) between them to stop the potentially weaker one draining the potentially strong one.... *dunno* ...?  (I'm doing it at the moment, but have a manual switch for one or the other-not ideal either)
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline AdrianJ

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #16 on: 27.06. 2019 14:43 »
I was surprised that it wasn't part of the loom, but there's nothing wrong with my old one.
Hoping to get the wiring finished today or tomorrow - then cure the primary chain case leak :-) and fit tank, saddle and sidecar.
I'll post some photos when it's finished
Adrian
'53 Plunger Flash and Steib S500, ‘66 LE Velocette, ‘53? Winged Wheel

Offline AdrianJ

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #17 on: 01.07. 2019 18:43 »
Just  finished the wiring, still need to tie everything down.
I was puzzled by the loom and its wiring diagram (not the BSA one from the manual) as it has three wires to the horn! Two brown and one black. Some odd reasoning led me to connect the two brown ones and now the pilot light comes on every time I sound the horn!😀 I'm wondering if this is deliberate.
Also having difficulty securing the main light switch. The small wire clip doesn't seem to work very well.
Adrian
'53 Plunger Flash and Steib S500, ‘66 LE Velocette, ‘53? Winged Wheel

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 01.07. 2019 19:07 »
Just  finished the wiring, still need to tie everything down.
I was puzzled by the loom and its wiring diagram (not the BSA one from the manual) as it has three wires to the horn! Two brown and one black. Some odd reasoning led me to connect the two brown ones and now the pilot light comes on every time I sound the horn!😀 I'm wondering if this is deliberate.
Also having difficulty securing the main light switch. The small wire clip doesn't seem to work very well.
Adrian
On my loom the horn on the drive side has double wires on one terminal. The loom has an alternative horn connection under the tank, so I think that explains the doubled up connection. Why your pilot light should come on when you operate the horn is a mystery.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash