Author Topic: Out to the Beach  (Read 328 times)

Offline Kickaha

• Valued Contributor
Out to the Beach
« on: 26.01. 2020 00:00 »
This is the outlet to Lake Ellesmere which is opened at different times, just in front of pic 1 there's a 2 metre bank and then you can cross over to the other side of the lake where the other bike is and follow tracks along to another way out , the rearward weight bias and narrow section tyres make riding in this softer stuff "interesting", I don't have the stand down in any of those pics
1956 BSA Gold Flash
New Zealand

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: Out to the Beach
« Reply #1 on: 26.01. 2020 00:41 »
very good, now a question ,is your rear brake torque arm fitted facing you on the bracket-lug on the swing arm or behind the bracket- lug? cheers

Offline Kickaha

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 26.01. 2020 02:09 »
very good, now a question ,is your rear brake torque arm fitted facing you on the bracket-lug on the swing arm or behind the bracket- lug? cheers

Behind and the bracket is straight
1956 BSA Gold Flash
New Zealand

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #3 on: 26.01. 2020 14:02 »
cheers for that *good3*, it seems someone had messed with mine before I got the bike 42 years ago and I just kept fitting it how I took it off. it had two bends near the holes, I have since found it was pulling the brake plate thus upsetting the shoe alignment . maybe when I am out and about I will have a better brake than I have struggled with for years and been relying on the good front stopper.