Author Topic: NZBSAOC rally Apiti  (Read 108 times)

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
NZBSAOC rally Apiti
« on: 09.03. 2020 08:45 »
a few snaps below from the very enjoyable owners club annual rally in the weekend. It was a fantastic ride in the middle of no-where in the manawatu district with great roads, great scenery, great company and a stop at a museum with some kiwi motosport history and home engineered motorcycles. The run was plotted by our very own KiwiGF - well done Kiwi!

the last pic is my a10 the following day on the way home in a backup van having suffered a puncture and the can of tyreweld didn't work. at least it wasn't a break down
Good Advice
No reactions
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '18 Triumph Street Triple RS

Offline Scott and Jay

• A's Best Friend
Re: NZBSAOC rally Apiti
« Reply #1 on: 21.03. 2020 02:10 »
Sorry about your puncture, Mike. Yes, it was a fantastic rally (aren't they all). Here is my best pic, of the 2 Bantams and their owners. For once Jay (pictured behind his 1956 D3) had competition, in the "Best Lightweight or Bantam" classes. So, our friend Ian (foreground) took this out - with his 1970? D10 Sports (and got "Most original BSA"). Jay completed the rally run, even though he led a group of us on an alternative route, returning to base after lunch and museum - with about 15 miles of gravel road, that the others avoided totally. He also had a good ride of my A10 - on the ride up to the lodge, through a lot of, again, well-chosen back roads (no gravel)...
Good Advice
No reactions