Author Topic: S/A footrest support shafts question  (Read 347 times)

Offline ADP91

• Moving Up
S/A footrest support shafts question
« on: 11.11. 2020 04:37 »
Hi all,

I have a question about footrest support shafts. I checked the Draganfly catalogue and to my understanding the right and left shafts are different lengths. Unfortunately Draganfly does not stock the RH (shorter?) one.

My question is, would it work to use a LH support shaft on the RH side of the frame? Can't seem to track a RH side one down anywhere...

Thanks!
A

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: S/A footrest support shafts question
« Reply #1 on: 11.11. 2020 10:54 »
Cut and weld was my solution.....
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: S/A footrest support shafts question
« Reply #2 on: 11.11. 2020 11:10 »
Been looking for over 5 yrs . As yours worn or do you simply not have one ?   Mine became worn on the splines and slipped  I ended up using a fork bronze bush which fitted the outside of the footrest hanger and used that to bring the splined part forward by a qtr of an inch which allowed a new part of the spline to take the weight and me to tighten the nut really well.
If you haven'y got one and  can get the longer one as RD says cut and weld .
Another thought , bit of a long shot , google "Hawksworth motor cycles Ltd " liverpool L23 , 01519490991 ,the owner is associated with Bridge rd motorcycles  crosby  anyway he imported lots of A10 bits , this owner   is a bit wierd but can at times come up with the goods . Hope that helps
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online JulianS

• 1962 A10
  • Wise & Enlightened