Author Topic: ... slowly advancing towards new forum software & looks  (Read 293 times)

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Looks like the developpers got it right with this latest release, am now confident it's time to upgrade our old machinery (software basis is from 2011... (that's 1000 years in the data & tech world :0) then modified, doctored and patched a dozen times to somehow keep working).

So the upgrade will come. Not now, but suddenly, one day...  Am also confident everyone here will feel at home quite quickly.

What I know will be gone:
- Karma, gone irrevocably. No big loss imo.
- Total likes counter showing in posts under member avatar. I hope there will be a way to reinstate that, I like 'Likes', and I like seeing members getting likes, and it's a fine way to show who does a good job on the forum. And an inspiration to get more likes ...by providing more good posts :O)

What will be new\better:
- The forum will not stop working (current setup soon outdated regarding current internet standards, server & database software, mobile browsing etc).
- Handling of image atttachments much improved.
- Lots more small practical fixes.

From area69 testing ground, some fresh examples of looks and functions.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline terryg

• Resident Legend
    • thecarshipenterprise
Something to look forward to! And I don’t mean Christmas.

Those sample shots look very much better than some you previously showed us.

What would we do without you?
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS