Author Topic: New member from down under  (Read 208 times)

Offline RocketRick

• Active
New member from down under
« on: 10.01. 2023 12:22 »
Hi, I would like to introduce myself. I found your forum because I was looking for information on magnetos, and the forum had the answer! My only BSA is a Rocket 3 (haven't yet found a 3 cylinder magneto!). The magneto is on a Vincent Comet. I also have an AJS twin that has been in pieces for too long, and is still a long way down the to-do list, behind the Rocket3 (which not working at present) and a Trident.
About 40 years ago I owned an A10 for a day, bought from one mate and sold to another, making a profit of 10 quid!
I am on the committee for the BSA club here in Victoria, and about 10 years back my wife caught me looking at BSA A65s for sale on the internet. I explained I had been on the committee for the club for several years but didn't own a BSA. My wife's response was "if that's what you want, buy one". I explained that actually I would prefer an A10 Rocket, and the response was "If that's what you really want then buy one". I then said that given the choice, what I really wanted was a Mk1 Rocket 3, which I found after a couple of years.
Melbourne 69 A75

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: New member from down under
« Reply #1 on: 10.01. 2023 12:51 »
... about 10 years back my wife caught me looking at BSA A65s for sale on the internet. I explained I had been on the committee for the club for several years but didn't own a BSA. My wife's response was "if that's what you want, buy one".
Eh! Where did you find this wife;  I want one!
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: New member from down under
« Reply #2 on: 10.01. 2023 18:57 »
G'day RR  *welcome*
I've always wanted an A75 but funds wouldn't permit.
Our wives must be sisters! Deb often asks "where are you riding to today?". If I say nowhere she says "Why not?"
Now that your in here there's the excuse to get an A7/10!
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7