Author Topic: Speedo Question  (Read 1348 times)

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
Speedo Question
« on: 18.02. 2010 15:51 »
Im after a speedo suitable for a A10SR equipped with UK spec nacelle, I would like an original because havent heard great things about the repros from India and have tried contacting speedorepairs.co.uk but have no luck as the email was undelivered and Iam in USA with the time difference being 5 hours behind.

Anyway to get to the point, Ive come across acouple of the original smiths with the number s457 (or something similar as Im at work and unable to gain access to the website where theyre listed on)
are they suitable for the A10? I do plan to have them rebuilt and maybe have the face changed to the correct one if possible, can that be done? Is there any internal diffences?

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
Re: Speedo Question
« Reply #1 on: 18.02. 2010 22:48 »
 *sad2* nobody likes this topic  *smiley4*

Offline Mosin

• Valued Contributor
  • Cumbria
« Reply #2 on: 18.02. 2010 22:59 »
Having just had my speedo rebilt by him, I am only too aware that Mr Pople at www.speedorepairs is not an easy man to track down. He also appeared to forget about my speedo and it was only as the reult of numerous phone calls that I managed to get it back from him. However, the finished quality of his workmanship made up for his lack of organisation in other areas and I would certainly recommend persevering with him as I am sure he will be able to help you out.

I suggest that you try contacting him by phone. However, the number on his website is obsolete. The correct one is: +441252329826. He also seems to work fairly random hours and does not appear to posess either an answerphone or a mobile.

I guess that we are all a bit spoiled these days by the very high levels of customer service provided by most internet based sales and service companies where we can expect regular emails and updates to keep us informed of how an order is progressing etc and it's a bit infuriating when this isn't always the case, particularly when dealing with many of the types of gents who are often to be found in grubby sheds messing around with old British bikes. If I had more time, I could recount to you the horror and confusion caused recently when I tried to pay my £12 annual subscription to the BSA Bantam Club using PAYPAL!!! - I still don't think that they have quite recovered! 
1960 A7 Shooting Star
1959 D3 Bantam
1994 Triumph Trident 900

North West England

Blackcat

« Reply #3 on: 20.02. 2010 20:56 »
In Mr Pople's defence I understand he has had a few personal problems recently which applies to most of us at one time or another. I have always found him to be a most helpful person and his repairs of the highest quality. You can ring him on 01252329826.  *smile*

Offline dpaddock

• NC, USA
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 20.02. 2010 22:50 »
Go to markbohman@hotmail.com. He's in Ohio, USA, and a superb rebuilder.

David
David
'57 Spitfire

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 22.02. 2010 14:51 »
Thanks for your replies guys, as a rebuilder do they even sell just the speedo because I havent got one even for exchange.