Author Topic: Indicators on Plunger Flash  (Read 908 times)

Offline Stu55Flash

• A's Good Friend
    • Flash Resto
Indicators on Plunger Flash
« on: 20.02. 2010 06:56 »
I was wondering if anyone has fitted indicators to one of these machines and what would be the effect on looks? There are plenty of LED sets available so there's no need to worry about battery drain/power consumption. Just thinking ahead for when I get itback on the road. I live out in the country and have some difficult right turns to make so indicators would make a useful safety addition.

Stu
"Keep a distance from lady "L" drivers in cars. Some are not mechanically minded, are slow to acquire road sense, an are apt to panic..." The Pitman Book of the BSA Twins.
Golden Flash Plunger 1955, Francis Barnett Falcon 67 1954, Ferguson TEA Tractor 1951. Looking for another project!

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Indicators on Plunger Flash
« Reply #1 on: 20.02. 2010 11:24 »
Hi Stu
Busy ( or not so ) fitting indicators to my project, got the front sorted the back still to do ( probably a bracket across rear carrier to make
)
Have included a pic of the front set up, these are not the stock Lucas indicators, they are mounted on a thick rubber boss with a hollow mounting tube and also a locating pin hole to stop them turning, got them off Ebay cheaper then the Lucas ones, plastic of course but look not too bad at all.

All the best with it, remember if you use leds you need a different flasher unit.

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Stu55Flash

• A's Good Friend
    • Flash Resto
« Reply #2 on: 20.02. 2010 14:49 »
Looking good Bill.

I might consider a way of making them easily detachable for shows etc. Its a long way off though.

Stu.
"Keep a distance from lady "L" drivers in cars. Some are not mechanically minded, are slow to acquire road sense, an are apt to panic..." The Pitman Book of the BSA Twins.
Golden Flash Plunger 1955, Francis Barnett Falcon 67 1954, Ferguson TEA Tractor 1951. Looking for another project!

Richard

« Reply #3 on: 20.02. 2010 20:42 »
I have a set of the standard 70's triumph/bsa ones fitted to my S/R, however when I removed the handle bar fairing I was left with the dilema of not wanting to drill a hole in the headlamp brackets and did not wish to drill the thread out in the headlamp, so I turned some alloy down stepped with a small hole drilled right through for the wire, a cycle thread tapped on the small diameter for the headlamp and larger hole on the other larger dia. end with a BSF thread tapped inside for the indicater, sorry having a bad memory day so cant remember thread sizes,the jobs a good one, just have to prove the alloy will stand the riding treatment, will let you know after the John Bull rally.
The rear ones are fitted to the pannier supports fitted to the rear carrier.