Author Topic: View my Profile  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Russ

• A's Good Friend
View my Profile
« on: 08.03. 2010 05:11 »
As I am just learning, can someone let me know if my profile is accessible to all that view my posts.  I have a post listed in Tech Topics asking for info on nuts and bolts. If I am reading instructions correctly, I should be able to hide my profile when my posts are viewed and it appears to me that this is the normal thing to do. Hope I don't sound too paraniod! I will leave my email address available.

Thanks All.

Russ.
1951 A10 Plunger.
Australia

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
Re: View my Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08.03. 2010 08:22 »
Hi Russ, All looks fine here and just like everyone elses profiles.  *smile*
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Offline Russ

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 08.03. 2010 11:32 »
Thanks LJ. for replying to my post, however I'm not sure I explained myself very well.
Give me time I'll get the hang of it soon.  
What I meant to ask was - when I lodge a post is it normal for everyone to be able to access my profile from that post or should I have this feature turned off.  If so, how do I do it.  I have read the help section but obviously I have missed something if this information is in there.
When I click on your name, "LJ" the system tells me that I cannont view your profile so I assume I should have mine set the same.

Thanks again Russ
1951 A10 Plunger.
Australia

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 08.03. 2010 12:44 »
Hello Russ,

I think you need to have made a certain number of posts before you can view other users profiles. It keeps the spammers out.
You don't have to include your email on the profile. Other users can always send you a private message should they need to
 contact you.
Cheers,
Iain

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 08.03. 2010 14:47 »
See New Members: Read This!

You can chosse Hide email address from public. Guests have no access to anything apart from reading posts. The email should be a valid one, otherwise any forum related notifications (for example New personal message received) end up going to the admins instead.

The view profile is a global setting, any member with 5+ posts can see other profiles. As it is set up for the moment, there is no individual 'hide own profile', so include what you feel comfortable with (no need for any street address, credit card number etc  *smile*), but at least include some info about country and which A model(s).
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline Russ

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 09.03. 2010 06:25 »
Thanks all for clearing that up for me.

Cheers Russ
1951 A10 Plunger.
Australia