Author Topic: Almost lost for words  (Read 723 times)

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
Almost lost for words
« on: 13.05. 2010 20:57 »
I went to see my old Dad in the next town on the beezer the other day. When it was time to leave, he came outside with me to look at the bike.

As I was putting my helmet and gloves on, his wife came out, and said "Oh well I suppose it gets you from A to B" !!  FFS, A to frikkin B, that's my pride and joy you know not some old nail!!

I'll never understand women...  *conf*
Regards

Andy

1960 A10 - Black Golden Flash
Plus
1974 Kawasaki Z1a
Yam XJR 1300

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Almost lost for words
« Reply #1 on: 13.05. 2010 21:51 »
Andy,

I can see where that would be a bit hard to swallow. My bike sat around rusting away for 24 years, half of which was outdoors at my mother's house in California (it does rain there). At the end of the three year restoration that started in 2003 I showed her some pictures. I am happy to say that at 94 years old at the time, she said "Your kidding me. That can't be the same motorcycle. It's beautiful." But hey, what does she know? Just kidding, we all know our bikes are beautiful.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 13.05. 2010 22:15 »
yes they are very beautiful machines  *smile*

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
« Reply #3 on: 14.05. 2010 08:46 »
I was feeling a bit more annoyed than that only a couple of days ago.  *angry*

Tuesday night I went to a classic vehicles meeting at Ashby Follville in Leicestershire, a meeting that has been held since before the last war. Looking at the comments on my Face Book pages, a guy who uploaded a lot of good photos, but leaves snide comments towards the vintage machinery.  *angry* I could have lambasted into him! but... what's the point?

In actual fact... (carrying on with my rant) we are probably 'Better' motorcyclists riding these so called 'old nails' as most of us can do a roadside fix if should be needed, something not quite possible with more modern machines.

I'll stop now and relax a bit, I'm taking the Blue A10 up to Nottingham today to pay a visit to Gaggs & Sons, never been there before and wanting a small speedometer cog wheel.

Have a good day!
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Offline ole thumper

• Moving Up
    • Ole Thumpers blog
« Reply #4 on: 20.05. 2010 06:23 »
I'll never understand women either-my mom, my wife and my two girls are the ones that egg me on when I'm in two minds whether I should buy a machine or not. Even though they might not know the intricacies of an old bike or the deciding factors-they are the ones cheering me when I wheel it down the drive to take a bike on it's first run after a restoration or when I turn up with a new buy. Women....I couldn't do without them!
"The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes then,steal your dreams..... (Black Sabbath-Heaven and Hell!).