Author Topic: Feeling the pain  (Read 712 times)

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
Feeling the pain
« on: 23.09. 2010 14:40 »
Well, interest rates are rubbish at the moment. What's the point of having money in a bank account that isnt even keeping pace with inflation? The only sensible thing to do is to make a few choice investments which hopefully will gain in value.

Over the last month or so, I had dropped these and other similar comments into the conversation with her indoors in the hope that she would slowly come round to my [wise] point of view. One day she says "what's it to be then, another BSA ? When's it coming? How much is it?" - Ouch sussed. I thought I was being more subtle than that. *conf*

Anyway, roll forwards a few weeks and chance arises to buy a very nice restored 650 AJS CSR [SORRY NOT A BSA], bargain, deal done with mush up north, van hired, bike collected and unloaded.

Next day, out on the drive, polish in hand, her indoors comes out to admire the new "investement". Been thinking says she, "that horrible old bathroom suite needs changing and the tarmac on this drive is falling apart, those block paviors like next door's look nice, shall we get it done?"  Thinking quickly I says "well you know, new bathrooms and drives are expensive, not sure we can afford that at the moment"

Well says she, "interest rates are rubbish at the moment. What's the point of having money in a bank account that isnt even keeping pace with inflation? The only sensible thing to do is to make a few choice investments" .........................................   *doh*

Regards

Andy

1960 A10 - Black Golden Flash
Plus
1974 Kawasaki Z1a
Yam XJR 1300

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Feeling the pain
« Reply #1 on: 23.09. 2010 15:00 »
The oil leaks from the BSA and AJS would spoil the new drive, and the bathroom is only for washing in, so forget that, Tell her who is the boss. ???????????????
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 23.09. 2010 15:03 »
bet she already knows who's boss and a good soak in a tub of hot water and radox after a days spannering is quite nice
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 24.09. 2010 06:52 »
Well you got what you wanted..It's only fair.
Cheers,
Iain

Offline cus

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 25.09. 2010 10:07 »
This is going to sound a bit soft, but beleive me it works!
Each time I sell a bike I buy my wife something with the "profit", sewing machine, tread mill (dust collector), etc. etc., have done this on about the last
5 sales. But you have to buy the next project pretty quick, before the novelty wears off. It works a treat.
The last bike I sold is sending the family to NZ. There's really no profit, just false saving I reckon, & it pays for a great hobby.
Just make sure all receipts are shredded along the way... I think you know what I mean.

Cus
56 G/Flash project