Author Topic: increasing the beating  (Read 1834 times)

fbm

increasing the beating
« on: 08.11. 2007 07:04 »
can any one tell me how can i improve or increase the beating of the bike without changing the domes or silencers of 650cc bsa 10,or are there any other silencers of performance for it thank you.

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
Re: increasing the beating
« Reply #1 on: 08.11. 2007 09:00 »

Good Morning FBM!
 I assume you mean here, how do you increase the noise of your bike! Gold Star silencers are very good, I also have some Campbell silencers on another A10 that I have and another A10 friend that I have has Burgess silencers. All three Silencers give very good loud noise without being too noisey.

If you should be so lucky to live out in the country in India then why not run the bike with NO silencers at all?

I dont think altering the engine will make any difference unless some other member here knows different.

Cheers and welcome along to our forum!
LJ.
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #2 on: 08.11. 2007 10:45 »
Having just fitted pattern Goldies to mine this week (see Exhaust Pipes thread), can definitely say they make a decent noise and have turned me into a throttle-happy teenager all over again. Dunstall Decibel replicas are also very throaty. If you go for something very noisy and with very little back pressure (especially open pipes), it'd be a good idea in my opinion to check the plug colour after your first good run and make any necessary adjustments (ie raise the needle a notch or even go up a size on the main jet). Just to be sure you don't run too weak and end up with exhaust valve or, worse, piston trouble. Good luck! I bought my new silencers purely for the sound - the old system was perfectly OK but just toooooo boring. Groily
Bill

fbm

« Reply #3 on: 08.11. 2007 13:56 »
hi there Lj,&  groilythanks for  ur concern, where r u from,if it i possible can u send me the silencers which u have mentioned.i will pay for them,i suppose goldstar silencers will be loud and good but if u can tell me which is the best of the three i would appreciate it.is that ur bike which is posted on you tube ,which silencers does it have? i would appreciate and thaks *smile* can i get ur email id , waiting 4 ur reply.

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
« Reply #4 on: 08.11. 2007 16:17 »

The Gold Star silencers will be the easiest to obtain, probably the best place to get them from directly, would be Armours in Bournemouth UK. Here is the address... http://www.armoursltd.co.uk/ They do a very good mail order service and I'm sure they would send them to India if that is where you live. I am in the UK, It would be much more expensive for me to buy and send on, so go direct to save some cash.

The other two silencers that I mentioned earlier, I don't know if they are still being produced so I can't help with addresses there.

Yes I do have three YouTube videos. I hope to upload another one soon with the Campbell silencers fitted so watch this space!  *smile*
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #5 on: 08.11. 2007 16:26 »
LJ beat me 2 it with the Armours address. Fekem, in the UK, also have a good choice of silencers. See the A10 Exhaust Downpipes thread in Tech Topics (same place we are now) for their address too. Thanks to the folks on this forum, they were the 2 sellers recommended to me when I asked the initial question- where to get pipes? LJ is dead right about the cost of double shipping etc - far better to contact these folk direct! They'll send anywhere. Groily
Bill

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 08.11. 2007 19:43 »
Hello to India, FBM. Hope you will find help here. When you find the time, please post a pic of your bike with a few words.

Involving other members in money transaction and shipping parts to other continents is not recommended. As correctly said above, order your silencers direct from the supplier, pay with credit card and have the shipment insured and there should be no problems.

e.

"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"