Author Topic: Road-Rocket parts on ebay.co.uk Strange attitude from seller!  (Read 2900 times)

Offline spanersc

• A's Best Friend
  • Cambridgeshire. UK
Hi All.
 I was interested in some Road-Rocket parts listed on ebay.co.uk (item number 130467279235) and sent the seller some questions. the first reply I   received from 'plunger650' was not as expected!

"thanks for your question, the crank cases match and are in very good condition, road rockets never had a large journal crank, it was not fitted     till the 1958 super rocket if you didnt know that your wasting your time asking about these parts."

The next reply to my response that in my belief A10RR did infact have the large journal crank, put me in my place!

"its not true, why lie we all know the bigger crank and thicker barrels were fitted in 1958. please dont bid on my stuff i dont deal with idiots.
             plunger650"

Well, needless to say, I will not be bidding on his items, (which should keep him happy) and I'm really glad that the majority of BSA fans are not the same as this insulting a***hole.  Could someone please confirm that the Road-Rocket engine did have the large journal crank as standard.
 Best Regards,   Peter
Peter C    Cambridgeshire. UK    1950 A7 Rigid. 1952 A7ST 1953 A7ST 1953 A10S/Flash 1954 A7ST.  1955 A7SS.  1955 A10.  1956 A10RR.  1959 A10 Combination     1962 RGS  1954 CB34  1962 DBD34

Offline Hubie

• Dave Huybens
  • Valued Contributor
I'm with you Peter!

People like that don't deserve to own a BSA  *smile*  I wonder if he can explain then how my 1959 A10 wound up with a small journal A7 crank!!

Cheers,

Hubie
1959 BSA Golden Flash
1956 Royal Enfield Super Meteor
1955 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse get's the cheese!

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
I have purchased a lot of old parts through e bay and have found most sellers to be good even very good. But as anywhere in life there are always nutters, and as you have found out, the replys tell you a lot about the seller which you will now avoid.  Happy Chritsmas.
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Should also be aware that computers are often left running and are open to mischievous fingers large and small
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Peter,
            The RR had a LJ crank from at least 1956.
It was the sold billet type. Extremely heavy. The crank with the radial bolts was introduced in 1958 for all A10s.
This has been discussed here before.
I would be inclined to give him a bit of a rev up as to who is the idiot!
Trev.

Offline Stu55Flash

• A's Best Friend
    • Flash Resto
The ebay listing is saying no questions have been asked on the item. Is there some way the seller can hide the questions asked. I've never sold anything on ebay so don't know. By allowing the seller to hide questions gives the opportunity to give rubbish responses like this. As with the old saying let the buyer be aware.

Stu
"Keep a distance from lady "L" drivers in cars. Some are not mechanically minded, are slow to acquire road sense, an are apt to panic..." The Pitman Book of the BSA Twins.
Golden Flash Plunger 1955, Francis Barnett Falcon 67 1954, Ferguson TEA Tractor 1951. Looking for another project!

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
Yup, the seller can decide whether a question (plus the answer accordingly) will be visible in the listing by simply clicking a check box when sending his answer.

It's no bug, it's a feature.
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
It is worth remembering not to put any personal details into the question if you don't want the world to know your... telephone number.... address... name etc.
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
Yes, don't call your customers idiots to their faces.

If they are idiots, tell them they're geniuses.

Offline Duncan R

• Valued Contributor
What a prize t**t I would have told to stick his parts up is a*se - we are not all experts, and he is clearly not.
Anglo - Indian A7SS (Actually is a 650)
Kawasaki ZZR 1100
BMW R80GS
BMW R1100GS

Offline Andyhosie

• Moving Up
    • www.bsarocketman.com
Hi all, I may as well add my 10 cents worth..I too am building up an early Road Rocket, I also sell some parts now and again on the old "EvilBay", unlike the tool you have just dellt with, I am always courteous to anyone asking about my items no matter what........what an F'N tool...
Anyway I will keep an eye out for him and not buy anything from him...
On the crank issue..I do know for certain that the 54 RR used a SMALL journal crank with a thin flanged barrel...not quite sure when BSA changed to the large journal...so there ya go..
Cheers,
Andy
Cheers,
Andy
58 A10 Special
54 Super Flash
Always Looking for A10/A7 Parts

bsarocketman.com