Author Topic: Remembering Passwords  (Read 876 times)

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Remembering Passwords
« on: 16.04. 2011 19:23 »
Looking trough the forum errorlogs now and then, there's quite a number of 'password incorrect' entries.
No problem in that, seen from the forum tech-side it's a good test showing security and more working as it should.

But a tip, maybe enable the 'save username \ password' option in the web browser, saves one from some internet-frustrations (unless the pc gets stolen *smile*

e
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Remembering Passwords
« Reply #1 on: 16.04. 2011 21:30 »
I could be responsible for a few of them, I've been setting up a second PC and have had quite a lot of "wrong Password" messages ( this with the stored on PC password ).
Need to bookmark the page once logged in I think - strange
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline craigb

• Moving Up
Re: Remembering Passwords
« Reply #2 on: 16.04. 2011 23:24 »
I'm pleased that you can do that with this forum. I have a mac at home and pc at work and for some reason with the Ozbenz forum, even if I check the keep me logged in, remember password etc. - the Mac wont retain it but the PC will - probably some security box checked somewhere or something, but no probs with this one. Security is an interesting thing though, I remember at work (where we need passwords to access 4 different systems and not every day) when they went to the short term password thing/ no repeat use etc. - suddenly I reckon you could open the drawer on at least half the people and see what their latest password was written down on a piece of paper....... increased security!!