Author Topic: This morning - Lady, Power, Conmputer Down ...but not out  (Read 461 times)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Just thought Id share with you my morning.

Looking for a way to connect it to A10's, I can say that all of the following happened just after admiring a new Triumph Bonneville at the train  station, thinking, "it looks a lot like my bike" and wondering if I should consider buying one as a day rider.

The following paragraph was written to explain to one of my clients what happened to the documents he was looking for today. He took it well.

I was waiting for my train into Chicago this morning and a big storm starts coming through. I went to duck under the covered walkway and, right next to me, just as a big gust is going through, a woman loses her footing and falls into the post holding up the canopy. A clang like a velvet-covered bowling ball (that I will never forget) came from that post as she caught it on the corner with her forehead. I went to help her up and saw that she had a 3" gash to the bone from her eyebrow to her hairline. I told others near me to call 911 and proceeded to hold pressure on the gash until the paramedics showed up. Torrential rain from the storm made it under the canopy and soaked me through. I then decided to work at home today. When I got home, after being picked up by my wife, the power was out. When the power came back on 1-1/2 hours later, I went to fire-up my computer only to learn that it was damaged in my soft briefcase either by water or by dropping.  

Amusing?

Richard L.
Good Advice
No reactions
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline t20racerman

• A's Best Friend
  • Keep it nailed!
    • The T20 'Super Six' Suzuki website
I wouldn't bother buying a lottery ticket today.   *smile*

That is one strange day......
Good Advice
No reactions
1961 A10 - somewhat modified :-)
1980 TZ350 - lunatic Classic Race machine
1967 T20 Suzuki - heavily modified Classic Racer
1967 T20 Suzuki - pretty standard road bike
2007 KTM 660 SMC - fast and furious supermoto
Triumph 675 Speed triple
Ossa 250 and yet another T20 racer in bits both being built up

"If I had all the money back that I've spent on motorcycles... I'd spend it all on motorcycles!"

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Ah Mondays  *eek* *eek*
Good Advice
No reactions
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)