Author Topic: that time of the year........again. Merry Christmas.  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Don't know about you all but Christmas has crept up on me with a rush so I'd like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and all my best wishes and riding for 2012 . Thank you all, as well, for the enjoyment, help and bonhommie that you get from this world wide  forum ,I've really enjoyed being ( a very small ) part of it and look mforward to next year ,BobH.
Good Advice
No reactions
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
that time of the year........again. Merry Christmas.
« Reply #1 on: 16.12. 2011 10:15 »
And seasons greeting to you too Bob and glad tidings for Christmas and 2012 to all members of the forum.

Woke up this morning to an inch or so of snow, that would be enough for me but wishful thinking probably.
2011 is closing rather sadly for us with the demise of our sixteen year old Border Terrier "Rusty" however he was a pup for fifteen of those years so best to reflect on the great life he had, a lot of it spent with me on the tractor often jumping out to chase hares, came back one time with a Fox's tooth stuck in his neck
We have a reservation on a pup due in January so lots more fun to come and get me back into my morning routine - dog walk - breakfast - shed, although now that the Rocket Gold Flash is a legal road going vehicle I'll have no excuse to avoid the kitchen refurb
Good Advice
No reactions
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: that time of the year........again. Merry Christmas.
« Reply #2 on: 16.12. 2011 11:49 »
Wishing all a fine time, and a good year to come.
e
Good Advice
No reactions

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 16.12. 2011 11:54 »
Yes Bill, Christmas is always a  time of reflection but thenwe look forward .Just to but a different spin on your new pup, my daughter in law is a vet ,very knowlegable,particularly dogs and lab's in particular. Having been without a dog for about a year she managed to talk ( female gile ) my son around to another one which she duly sourced and give it such a careful exam that the breeder asked her to look after the paperwork on the others, deal done over price to compensate, when the time came to pick up "Jack" ( don't ask ) all went well until at about 11 mths (by then it was tall enough to put a saddle on,) and was easily bored they went out shopping and found it'd had eaten a couch which it had thoughtfully pulled from out of the living room to destroy. Since then nearly 3 yrs on it has proved to be the daftest lab on earth and the ribbing she takes for using her professional knowledge so well on the phyical side of the dog shame, she didn't check out the brain! All the best bill regards Bob
Good Advice
No reactions
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline terryk

• Valued Contributor
  • Townsville Queensland Australia
« Reply #4 on: 17.12. 2011 14:37 »
I wish all you BSA buffs and your families a merry Christmas and a very prosperous new year.
Good Advice
No reactions
1950-53 A10 rigid/plungers, 1958-61 A10 super rockets, 1947-50 A7 longstrokes, 1949 Star twin,
1951-54 A7 plungers, 1940s M21, WDM20s,
1948-50s B33s rigid/plunger/swingarm, 1948-50s b31s rigid/plunger/swingarm

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 17.12. 2011 15:34 »
Merry Christmas to all!

Good Advice
No reactions
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #6 on: 17.12. 2011 19:22 »
 BAH HUMBUG,
                   the roads are clogged, the shops are full, snotty nosed kids every where, BSA parts taking twice as long to arrive, most prices go up. Think I'll just go hide in my man cave.
 BEST WISHES TO ALL, not just now but always.
Cheers
Good Advice
No reactions
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline cus

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 18.12. 2011 00:55 »
Crazy time of year, especially if you live in a tourist town like me, Oh well! they do pay our wages.
Thanks to every one that responded to my posts, this forum is a great help.
Bill, similar to you, our dog died after a tragic & freak accident, was much loved by all the family,
& we too, are picking up a new pup in early Jan., hope all goes well with your pup. After reading
Topdads post, maybe I should invest in a doggy brain scan, I'm pretty fond of my furniture!
Have a great Xmas & NY everyone, & stay upright,

regards, Cus
Good Advice
No reactions
56 G/Flash project

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #8 on: 18.12. 2011 01:08 »
 OK who told Santa what I said ??
30 miles from home traveling along at 80MPH on the old A7 she nipped up. Let her cool and started on 1 1/2  cylinders then nipped again.
 Bugga, sorry Santa.
Cheers
Good Advice
No reactions
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 18.12. 2011 01:17 »
Well, it's hard to imagine Christmas season Down Under. Even growing up in Los Angeles, it was still winter (L.A. style) in December. Now, in the Chicago area, holiday winter is a reality (if not brutal, sometimes).   I wish everyone great, happy and safe holidays.  

Please enjoy the attached greeting card (which, for the sake of new members, is reposted from previous years).  For the rest of you, please enjoy it again and accept the greeting it sends, or you could tear it up screaming that I am a one-trick pony.

Bill and Cus, sorry for your losses. Pups certainly become closer to us than we ever would imagine.

Richard L.
Good Advice
No reactions
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline saltbox Alf

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #10 on: 18.12. 2011 16:30 »
I wish all concerned with the forum a happy Christmas and a great new year from the not so warm south of France, it's 8 deg and blowing a freezing wind off the mountains.

Keep your knees warm  and your cockles warmer
TTFN Al
Good Advice
No reactions
I like bike, especially my 61'SR

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 18.12. 2011 17:04 »
it's 8 deg

That's almost tropical Alf   :o

Good Advice
No reactions
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #12 on: 19.12. 2011 01:10 »
Well if it makes any of you that live in a cold climate feel better its summer here at the moment but on my way home yesterday I got absolutely soaked despite having all my wet weather gear on. Had one of the heaviest downpours I have seen for years and of course I was on my bike at the time. Luckily I was only about 120 k's from home so didnt have to put up with it for long, mind you it was still 24 degrees C. Does prove that it must take a lot of water to stop a A10 though.

Merry Xmas to everyone on the Forum, lets all see what next year brings. (more bikes hopefully!)
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline saltbox Alf

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #13 on: 19.12. 2011 10:12 »
Sorry Bill that was daytime temp, at night it's down to minus 3-6 degrees, so much for sunny south France!!
but it's very fickle here, forcast is for 14 deg wednesday, but the locals think it will be a hard winter for us thats end january and all febuary, roll on spring!
Good Advice
No reactions
I like bike, especially my 61'SR

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #14 on: 19.12. 2011 18:23 »
Happy Christmas to all from the cold Midlands of England.
Good Advice
No reactions
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing