Author Topic: lucas k2f points  (Read 7965 times)

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: lucas k2f points
« Reply #15 on: 16.04. 2012 22:30 »
Hi John,
                  Off topic but I just recently found one of my ancestors was "relocated" from Cork to Australia.
Back to points, I recently repaired an AJS magy which has the steel point plate.
I don't know the chain of events but one leaf of the spring was broken, the points bent and the fibre heel block was broken through the spindle hole.
No choice but to replace with the same. Poor quality as the radial slot had to be filed to allow the securing screw to go home.

Trev.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 17.04. 2012 10:17 »

*clap*Nice one B-Bill,made me laugh
better still get your friend to put his finger on the cloth ( you could run out of friends though)

Kind of what I had in mind ,but you got there first, until->
You will then have a stock of slip-ring cleaners (you will need to shorten some for the engine side)
??? sounds like something I'd say on a 'good' day?? *doh*=lost cred .
 Jeez, yeeaah,but not quite how it's done 'down-under', must be some U-beaut Northern hemisphere  trick ,or you're using mirrors?! But good thing Richard L. 's on the ball, blew all theories away++brownie points   *beer*wink2
    RL, saved those links- look interesting
 Hey Hydeyho, good luck with the missus-I'm sure she's too smart, unlike me 13yo I got scammed into poking finger into BIG old Tractor maggie (Twin City MM if that means anything ta anyone)
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Hyde61

• Active
« Reply #17 on: 18.04. 2012 11:21 »
HI ALL
HAD A BIT OF TROUBLE LASTNIGHT THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE THE POINTS A CLEAN NOT A GOOD MOVE WENT OFF LIKE A CLOCKSPRING PLEASE SEE PICS
FEEL LIKE FOREST GUMP JUST CANT SEEM TO GET THEM RIGHT I NOW DONT SAY IT
HELP?

beezermacc

« Reply #18 on: 18.04. 2012 13:49 »
You need to remove the base plate of the points from the mag before starting to reassemble. Put the centre screw back into the centre of the points but don't start to screw it in, just jiggle it about firmly from side to side to release the base plate off its taper. I'll put some pics on later or talk you through it.

beezermacc

« Reply #19 on: 18.04. 2012 14:43 »
Pictures of reassembly now on the Tech Tips page of my website. Hope this helps.www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Offline wilko

• Resident Legend
« Reply #20 on: 18.04. 2012 22:20 »
See that round hole on the left? That
is where they break because there isn't much material left around it.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #21 on: 18.04. 2012 22:27 »
Hi All,
REMEMBER  *ex* *ex* that thes points plates can be assembled in two ways to suit opposite rotation  ???? ????

beezermacc's page has it correct for the A10 application

HTH
John O R
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline Hyde61

• Active
« Reply #22 on: 19.04. 2012 08:15 »
HI GUYS
I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS AND TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM ,WANT TO GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO BEEZERMAC FOR THE STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ON HIS WEBSITE FOR PUTTING THE POINT BACK TOGETHER THE RIGHT WAY HIS WEBSITE IS BRILLIANT
Priory Magnetos Ltd.
AND HIS PRICES ARE VERY GOOD
THANKS AGAIN

beezermacc

« Reply #23 on: 19.04. 2012 11:18 »
Hi All,
REMEMBER  *ex* *ex* that thes points plates can be assembled in two ways to suit opposite rotation  ???? ????

beezermacc's page has it correct for the A10 application

HTH
John O R

Hyde 61 - Thanks for the kind remarks.
Chaterlea 25 - I think you'll find that the hardened contact button is on one side of the fixed plate only. There is only a plain rivet on the other side. If you want to reverse the rotation (for a Royal Enfield for example) you can flick the moving arm over but you need the correct base plate with a hardened point on the left.

Offline Hyde61

• Active
« Reply #24 on: 19.04. 2012 15:12 »
HI GUYS
THOUGHT I WOULD JUST LET YOU ALL KNOW I HAVE SPARKS FROM THE PLUGS FEEL LIKE A NEW FATHER AT HIS FIRST CHILDS BIRTH WILL POST A PICOF THE BIKE WHEN IT ALL TOGETHER .
THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYBODY FOR THERE TIME

beezermacc

« Reply #25 on: 19.04. 2012 18:20 »
Sparks are good..... I like sparks!

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #26 on: 19.04. 2012 23:48 »
Hi beezermacc,
I live and learn *ex*
I never liked those points setup , I have slung them as far away as I can and fitted the brass backplate type
Better still I have a BTH (original) on my SR
Cheers
John O R
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)