Author Topic: Bsa Regal Company  (Read 878 times)

Offline Pete Gray

• A's Best Friend
    • Scuppered Folk Band
Bsa Regal Company
« on: 19.04. 2012 20:47 »
I visited the Mach 2012 Machine Tool Exhibition at The National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham.
I was a little surprised to see this stand with our beloved BSA logo proudly on display.
This company have a wide portfolio of activities including tooling, electrical and building services.

Had a chat with the main man who explained that they had bought the name some years ago and had been involved in the production of the Gold SR with, I think, a Yamaha engine. They do seem interested in maintaining their historical links
This link takes you to the company history with a few interesting twists and turns over the years !
http://www.bsa-regal.co.uk/history/
This link from their site covers the bike history
http://www.bsa-regal.co.uk/bsaco/

After the NEC I took my young colleague over to the national Mortorcycle Museum to show him a touch of what we dearly love !
I'll post a few photos on the Pictures area !

Pete

1961 Swinging arm A7
2000 BMW R1100R

Offline fido

• Zala County, Hungary
  • Resident Legend
Re: Bsa Regal Company
« Reply #1 on: 20.04. 2012 09:42 »
Back in the mid '80s working as a metallurgist I remember once being sent to a BSA company to sort out their stocks of steel bar as they had got carbon steel mixed up with nickel chrome grades etc. This only took a few hours so it was quite a small scale factory.

Offline taroha10

• A's Best Friend
  • 1961 super rocket. 1950 m20.
« Reply #2 on: 20.04. 2012 14:02 »
Hi All,
Last year I spotted a huge board in Southampton with the BSA logo at what looked like a building site.Unfortunately I was a passenger in a car and in heavy traffic so no chance of a photo.
Mark.

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 20.04. 2012 14:42 »
I have to say i remember the twin the new bsa company came out with a few years back , i thought it didn't have the nice shape or lines of the old british bikes. I think the hinkley bonneville killed the idea anyway.

Offline Pete Gray

• A's Best Friend
    • Scuppered Folk Band
« Reply #4 on: 12.06. 2012 10:38 »
Found these gates by accident whilst in Southampton last week, outside the BSA Regal Company HQ

Pete

1961 Swinging arm A7
2000 BMW R1100R

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 12.06. 2012 11:26 »
Very nice, but is there a left and right matching pair??

Also There's a transport company trucking around town here with the logo on the s
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 12.06. 2012 11:35 »
Very nice, but is there a left and right matching pair??

Also There's a transport company trucking around town here with the logo on the side, drilled one of the drivers one day whilst doing business and the owner has some BSA, sooooo, is anybody 'fessing up???

duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia