Author Topic: Safe website  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Safe website
« on: 02.07. 2012 17:40 »
Norton rates this site as safe to use and visit (members not taken into consideration :O)

"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Safe website
« Reply #1 on: 04.07. 2012 10:53 »
 Great to hear e.
"(members not taken into consideration :O)" must be putting the posts from us Aussies on a different site. *smile*
Cheers

'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 04.07. 2012 23:09 »
muskrat, problems are few and far apart, thankfully, but have had to put a cap on things now and then, + the usual reminders to not drift (too far) offtopic in the tech boards, or using the forum (extensively) as some personal messenger-site\chitchat-room while forgetting we have 1000's or guest readers looking for quality tech advice and guidance.

& the picture outlines all the basic forum rules :O)
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 04.07. 2012 23:19 »
Probably not what Malcom had in mind,  but glad you posted the picture.

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 16.05. 2013 00:58 »
Norton check, dated today (link: http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?name=a7a10.net )

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
Norton pro virus
« Reply #5 on: 16.05. 2013 07:12 »
I bought a Norton package and put it on a PC I had a few years ago. The machine simply would not run with it there so I had to uninstall it straight away. They should have stuck to making motorbikes. *sad2*

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 16.05. 2013 09:15 »
BT broadband included Norton but changed to now have McAfee, a welcome change as Norton practically bought the PC to a standstill if doing a scan whereas McAfee does not seem to slow the thing down at all, also has a good site adviser ("WHOA do you really want to go here").
Also good is WOT (web of trust) marks sites with little coloured circles Red, orange yellow and green, for Firefox don't know if it does Explorer
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 29.06. 2013 11:09 »
Passing the Norton test (not that anything is expected, but with all that is happening these days, good to get it confirmed).

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?name=a7a10.net