Author Topic: Live Video from Ride  (Read 664 times)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Live Video from Ride
« on: 04.08. 2012 17:40 »
Trying something new today. At 12:45 CDT (19:45 GMT) I am going to try to go live with a video from my  ride. The bike is a '55 BSA A10. I will be riding around the area of Batavia, Illinois and will be touring within the Fermilab compound (U.S. Department of Energy; home of the now-shut-down Tevatron; remote control center for Large Hadron Collider in Europe when Higgs Boson was discovered). This may or may not work work and will probably be wierd and shakey, but might be interesting.

To view, go to www.Ustream.tv and search for "rlai" click on rlai until you get the live feed. If I miss the 19:45 GMT time, I will try for 20:00 GMT. if none then, maybe forget it.

This may not be all "ride", I might stop and do other stuff, but I've posted this notice to Facebook friends who are not necessarily concerned with the mechanics of the bike.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Live Video from Ride
« Reply #1 on: 04.08. 2012 19:14 »
Please let me know if you saw it. I assume it was awful, so no need to tell me not to go into the movie business.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 04.08. 2012 20:58 »
 How did it go Richard? Was 3am here so missed it.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 05.08. 2012 00:05 »
    Took a couple of goes to find it,but I found the recorded version,here.... http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24468957
....if you don't mind me pasting link?  Too bad about the wind noise, still watch but looks interesting? 
       Cheers duTch

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #4 on: 05.08. 2012 00:57 »
Missed the live, but saw dutch's link. It worked, nice experiment. Needs better pictures\sound & more stuff to see\admire along chosen roads. But good work doing this!

Some idea to get members here experimenting in getting good filming, and editing together some clips into videos from hometowns \ preferred roads, and uploading on youtube + links here.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Stephen Foster

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 05.08. 2012 06:00 »
Really enjoyed that ..thanks for taking the time to record the ride !

Steve ..
I own a 1955/56 B.S.A Swinging Arm "Golden Flash" , had it since 1976 .

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 05.08. 2012 06:36 »
Thanks for the good words guys. Dutch, thanks for making it easy to see by posting the link.

Richard L.

Online duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 05.08. 2012 09:32 »
No worries, Figured easy enough to copy it while I had it and paste it next 'tab' over here..
 Was wondering if you used a Go pro Hero for the A/V, if not, what, as this stuff interests me??
 Cheers ,duTch

oh yeah- bike sounds good- when I could hear it  !
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 05.08. 2012 14:17 »
Dutch,

Nope, used my Droid 2 cell phone, since had to be network connected to do the live stream. Go Pro HD Hero looks very interesing, but they say the feature to do live streaming will be coming out this fall. Even then, it will need some form of access point to get to the web. I guess, no problem, if it can BlueTooth to your phone, or you connect them with a cable and you don't mind mounting your phone along with the camera.

Speaking of phones, it would be great if the forum recognized mobile use, so that thumb typing was less a pain, as the text box jumps off-screen about 15 characters from each end.

Richard L.

adm comment: see Browsing the forum using a mobile device

Online duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 08.08. 2012 09:49 »
Thanks Richard, did alright though,good you had coverage, and I read the thread on phone-age, GoPro on the list of things to do, when I find a thousand hours in a day!
  cheers duTch
Australia