Author Topic: working of a k2f mag  (Read 867 times)

Offline roadrocket.chris

• A's Good Friend
  • my pride and joy
    • roadrocket
working of a k2f mag
« on: 31.01. 2013 13:00 »
you may have seen my post on the scitsu rev clock the new owner of the company is trying to help me out this is his email

When it was on the car did you have it on the spark plug leads or the centre ht lead? If it was on the spark plug leads how many were you running along?

The magneto readings seem funny. I?m not looking to see if there is a short, just trying to make sure of how your mag is configured. It must have some reading, you might need to change the meter onto a different resistance setting.

The positive earth will have an effect. What i?m trying to get to on your bike is what the ht in the leads is doing. It ?should? be a bit like a twin coil, so when the mag is ready to spark one socket will have gone thousand of volts positive the other thousands negative. The spark jumps from the + end through the first plug runs through the block to the 2nd plug, jumps that then down to the other end of the mag.

I am trying to find if its like that or if your mag is like 2 separate coils giving 2 separate sparks. Then we can tell if you?ve got it connected to the right leads (one or both) and even if the sparks / rev setting on the tacho is right for your bike.

can anyone clarify the workings of the k2f mag so i can pass the info on hopfuly  the magneto man will read this.
roadrocket
condor a350
motoguzzi v50
armstrong 500 mt
bantam d3
Ireland

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: working of a k2f mag
« Reply #1 on: 31.01. 2013 13:35 »
edit: reading the 1st post again, I missed the point in my reply.

But this link can be interesting anyway.
http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Magnetos.pdf

& according to my observations (subjective) while doing spark pictures, the spark voltage polarity is different for L & R. see http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php/topic,1412.0.html
this may affect the working of the rev counter according to which lead it's connected to.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline roadrocket.chris

• A's Good Friend
  • my pride and joy
    • roadrocket
« Reply #2 on: 31.01. 2013 18:08 »
the center lead  was from when i tried the rev clock on my car.ie.the lead from coil to distributer.thanks a10 gf. 
roadrocket
condor a350
motoguzzi v50
armstrong 500 mt
bantam d3
Ireland

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 31.01. 2013 20:21 »
Chris,
              The HT from the magy to the plug is positive on one & negative on the other.
Don't ask me which is which!

Trev.