Author Topic: Jack's Hill cafe  (Read 495 times)

Offline Ethelred

• A's Best Friend
  • Northants, UK
Jack's Hill cafe
« on: 21.06. 2013 19:46 »
http://www.jackshillcafe.com/

There's lots of good stuff going on here, most of it just getting started and worthy of our support. And best of all it's only a few miles from me :-)
Might see some of you at the Ton-Up Day on July 14th.

p.s.
despite their claims, they are not the best transport cafe in the area, that accolade belongs to the Super Sausage, a bit further up the A5, which recently won best restaurant in Northamptonshire according to TripAdvisor!
'59 A10

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
Re: Jack's Hill cafe
« Reply #1 on: 24.06. 2013 09:15 »
Personally, I don't rate Jacks hill cafe at all, I have only been there once and that will be the last. Its o.k. if you just want to see a few japanese crutch rockets but not for the food, or drink. *fight*

TTJohn

Offline fido

• Zala County, Hungary
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 24.06. 2013 11:54 »
It would be good to see the old style transport cafes make a comeback. When I first moved to Scotland and there was less motorway on the run from England I used to stop at the Star transport café on the A74 at Lesmahagow. It was much better than being ripped off at a motorway service station.

Offline TT John

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #3 on: 27.06. 2013 09:03 »
I agree with you entirely Fido but, unfortunately we are now living in an age of health & safety and the dreaded VAT, which has killed off most of the small transport cafeswhen I was in the army we used to stop at loads of transport cafes and they were usually good and clean, the old Busy Bee was a great place and was a regular stop off on the way home at the weekend, mind you I am going back to the 60s now, I know that there used to be races between there and the Ace cafe then for the motorbikes, down the North circular.
I think the main killer of the transport cafe was the Mc Donalds, Kentucky, and burger outlets, we never had burgers in the sixties and the general health of the population was better, now you see all these overweight, obese folk and its pretty obvious that the majority live on this junk.

Regards TTJohn

Offline Ethelred

• A's Best Friend
  • Northants, UK
« Reply #4 on: 15.07. 2013 19:44 »
Ton Up day there yesterday was impressive. Couldn't throw a stick without hitting a bonnie.
Loads of really nice bikes and lovely weather.
http://www.jackshillcafe.com/#!untitled/zoom/c20n4/image20b2
'59 A10