Author Topic: Battlesbridge Show and Jumble Sunday.  (Read 1294 times)

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Battlesbridge Show and Jumble Sunday.
« on: 02.07. 2013 15:00 »
Just wondered if anyone fancied a meet on this Sunday at the Battlesbridge Show and Jumble. 15 mins south of Chelmsford ( UK ). They have a website with all details. I will be there about 10 am.

Regards Colin

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Battlesbridge Show and Jumble Sunday.
« Reply #1 on: 02.07. 2013 18:41 »
Sorry, I'm planning to join the BSAOC Birmingham branch ride-out this sunday. Anyway, Battlesbridge is a bit of a long run from the West Midlands!

Online cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 03.07. 2013 08:59 »
I'm only up the road in Braintree so I might pop over, but only if the weather is set fair.
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • The A7
« Reply #3 on: 03.07. 2013 10:36 »
Hi Colin
Hope the horn was Ok
I am planning to go but will be my first longish drive after an operation (not allowed to ride as can not start it at present)
If I go I will get there as near to its start time as I can, any plan on a meeting place.
1961 A7 since 1976
1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project
1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 T100

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 03.07. 2013 15:47 »
Hi Angus.
The horn was dead as my first dog, one of those things, but it looks nice. Don't worry mate. I will pop over to Battlesbridge at 10.00 as the BSA owners club Essex Section normally turn up. Normally a good jumble. If it is raining will take the car, 3 miles from my place. Don't want my new back wheel to get wet.

Regards Colin

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • The A7
« Reply #5 on: 03.07. 2013 17:06 »
sorry about the horn, hopefully see you there
1961 A7 since 1976
1950 T100

Offline Motoanimal

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #6 on: 03.07. 2013 21:46 »
A10 JWO, you know I saw your original post and thought, ”nah, I only managed 11 miles last time I went out before my cam ring slipped and put paid to all my fun”, but then I went into the garage tonight and made a spacer to hold the cam ring in tight, it’s a bit of a bodge (don’t tell Groily, he wouldn’t approve!) but it will do until I find a REAL end cap.

I also adjusted the tappets checked the chains and thought, “well if you are scared to ride her because you might break down, why did you restore her!” I tend to think bikes should be ridden!

The upshot is that me and old ‘Dorothy’ (that’s the bike, not my missus!) will be doing our utmost to put in an appearance too. I can’t stay too long ‘cause I have loads to do at home, but it will be nice to see some of you guys.  Where shall we meet? I’ll PM my mobile number to all who said they are going, eh?
Phil

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the
glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big
as it needs to be.

Online cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 04.07. 2013 11:14 »
Weather now looks set very fair - could be shorts and sandals (which is where a heel and toe gearshift scores of course).

I'm expecting to be there maybe about 11, I don't rise so early at the weekends. Maroon tanked iron head s/arm with slim chrome guards and seamed Goldie silencers. I'll be in cream coloured beemer trousers, and a cream (with patches) or dull turquoise top - sporting a kind of grim faced demeanour.

Copy of the Times rolled up under one arm and a triffid in my button hole - that kind of thing.
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #8 on: 04.07. 2013 15:30 »
Hi
It seems that a few are now going to this Jumble. In the corner of the field ( South-West ) There will be the only bar/beer tent. If we all meet at the bar at 11.00 am it should be empty because no one appears to get on the booze that early. I will be on my Black A10 with lots of chrome bits like a RGS replica, it is really a Gold flash ( don't tell anyone ) EBK 182. I will be with my mate on a blue Model 8 AJS

Regards Colin

Offline Motoanimal

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #9 on: 04.07. 2013 16:57 »
Hi
 If we all meet at the bar at 11.00 am it should be empty because no one appears to get on the booze that early. Regards Colin

You speak for yourself, young man!!! *smile*

as it needs to be.

Online WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #10 on: 05.07. 2013 07:01 »
Sorry I cant make it... I'll be in Vancouver..   *smiley4*    BUGGER...
Have fun ...
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Offline Motoanimal

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #11 on: 07.07. 2013 12:43 »
Sorry guys, I didn't make it, I broke down again! sat at the side of the A414 just before Chelmsford waiting for the RAC! *sad2*

I don't beleive it, I have broken down every time I have been out now, that's 70 miles, 3 trips and 100% failure rate! That must be a record?  *conf*

I don't know what it was this time but after waiting for the RAC to answer (15mins) and then for the patrolman to call, I gave her a kick in desperation and she started and took me all the way home, (before the RAC called back!)

I have thrown Dorothy in the shed, I don't love her anymore! Anyone want to buy an A10?

as it needs to be.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #12 on: 07.07. 2013 14:41 »
Bugga. A few here have had similar problems. Dorothy needs Maggie to see the doctor.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #13 on: 07.07. 2013 14:59 »
Battlesbridge was good, free entrance for the old bikes ( nice ) A good turn up from across the Home Counties. I sat by the bar at 11 and met some old AJS chums, with my boots off I could have sat there in the blistering heat all day. My old girl behaved very well, a little 2 seconds of smoke when it started first time again. My mate Paul let me know that people commented on how nice my bike sounded when I left. So all in all I enjoyed my day. ( just started on the cold Fosters )

The end, Colin

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • The A7
« Reply #14 on: 07.07. 2013 15:06 »
Sorry I missed anyone who went. Good show some nice bikes (including yours Colin). Had a pint just after 11 with my eldest, but he was keen to continue looking around and spending my money so did not spot anyone. I have a strange yearning for one of the grey Norton dominator 88’s but the one for sale although very nice was a bit pricey. Disappointed with the autojumble as went with a list of stainless bits (mainly nuts and bolts) and could not find any.
1961 A7 since 1976
1950 T100