Author Topic: Needed, Airfilter-box and Battery-carrier to GF plunger 1953  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Nitti

• A's Good Friend
Hello again,
I am missing the complete airfilter-box as well as the battery-carrier to my Golden Flash plunger-53. Are these available new somewhere ?
Or does anyone in Europe have some rather complete and sound ones on their shed-shelves ?

Can you fit the battery-carrier without the airfilter-box ?

If so, would any other Battery-carrier from a newer A10/A7 fit ?

At the moment I have a Amal pancake filter fitted to a purpose-made adaptor and the battery is mounted in the tool-box, works nicely, but not very original.

Regards
Nitti

Nitti- Ekero/Sweden !
BSA Golden Flash-53 with Sidecar

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
I use the holder without the filterbox, works and looks fine. I have the box too, but problem finding the correct rubber joint between box and carb. Many previous posts on the subject. btw, very happy with the 2 sealed batteries (4Ah 6v in paralell) that fitted perfectly in the old style battery container.

e

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Nitti

• A's Good Friend
Thanks,

Neat solution, looks terrific !

Please let me know the origin of the battery-carrier, is it for a GF ?
I saw some pictures where the carrier seem to be spot-welded to the filter-box, have you just removed it from its original position and fastened  it to the oiltank bolts , or ?

Regards
Nitti
Nitti- Ekero/Sweden !
BSA Golden Flash-53 with Sidecar

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Yes, it's a gf, was welded to the box, got it off without any significant damage. The top-bottom mounting are originals, fitting existing bolts on the plunger frame.

Edit: And your post reminded me me to do the bat wiring more properly, updated pic above.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"