Author Topic: 'tis STILL the season  (Read 1139 times)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
'tis STILL the season
« on: 31.12. 2013 19:53 »
Gents,

This seems like as good a time as any to remind ourselves that Erling's contribution in administering the forum goes beyond his generous donation of time. As I understand it, there are some actual expenses. If you would like to contribute to offset those expenses, go to http://www.a7a10.net/ and click "Donation" under the opening picture.

E,

Thanks for another great year.

Richard L.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: 'tis STILL the season
« Reply #1 on: 31.12. 2013 23:37 »
Thanks, good start to the new forum-year, appreciated  *wink2*
e.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline madsens

• A's Good Friend
  • 1962 A10 GF - Fyn, Denmark
« Reply #2 on: 01.01. 2014 11:01 »
Same wishes from DK!

Just a small donation to pay for all the help I've been getting from this forum. I'm not one of the very active members  *red* - but have still been able to find lots of "gold" on the forum during my rebuild/renovation - so a BIG Thank You all! *respect*

Kind Regards
Joergen
BSA A10GF 1962
Denmark

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 01.01. 2014 13:12 »
After over six years as a member of the forum, I have complete confidence that Erling will go out of his way to pass no judgement regarding any amount donated, small, large or none.

Richard L.

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #4 on: 01.01. 2014 19:32 »
I agree Richard, a lot of people get a lot of enjoyment and info from the forum. At any one time there is triple guests to members looking in.
I have no idea how much it costs to run a show like this. If a comp tech charges $100 an hour and e was paid accordingly he'd have more than one A10.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 01.01. 2014 20:29 »
Thanks very much to those who sent a donation.

Hosting costs are not high anymore, after changing to a better host last year, price went down and quality up. For me the biggest 'expense' is time (maintenance, tech problem solving now and then, program updates, changes, antispam, lots of time spent reading this forum etc), but that's (mostly) enjoyable and educating work, so no problem.

I also pay for the software used here, sending regular contributions to those who made the forum software and others who make programs used to keep the place clean on the outside and well oiled behind the scene (see the donation page for info).

Nice reward is to see this forum building up such a fine collection of pictures, articles, how-to's and knowledge, and many (both members and readers) getting good help and guidance when needed. And all being very friendly means much to me. e.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #6 on: 02.01. 2014 20:16 »
... and what's more, a little donation helps to keep this an ad-free haven in today's world where you can't even stick your head outside the door anymore without being slammed around the ears with screaming publicity..... *angry*
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium