Author Topic: a10 front brake shoes  (Read 1244 times)

Offline mike667

• A's Good Friend
a10 front brake shoes
« on: 21.01. 2009 20:06 »
Hey gang
 can anyone recommend a place i can pick up some shoes for front of my A10 (61) - can't find any in the states and SRM says they can reline with a racing compound so was think of buying from a shop in UK and having them sent directly to SRM to save a few $ on the shipping etc - would pull my old ones out but its 12 F outside in the shed!!

thx!
 Mike

Offline dpaddock

• NC, USA
  • Valued Contributor
Re: a10 front brake shoes
« Reply #1 on: 21.01. 2009 23:28 »
Mike, there's no reason to go to SRM for this. Frank Deihl and many others can do this for you here. You could do this yourself if you get some shoes and rivets from our domestic providers.
     David
David
'57 Spitfire

Offline mike667

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 22.01. 2009 11:50 »
Mike, there's no reason to go to SRM for this. Frank Deihl and many others can do this for you here. You could do this yourself if you get some shoes and rivets from our domestic providers.
     David
awesome thx -  frannk is goinfg to machine out my norton primary cover for cooling for my belt drive, so i can send them at same time

thx!

Offline olev

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 22.01. 2009 21:02 »
Mike,
Sorry this is off topic.
You are getting a Norton primary cover machined to cool your belt drive.
Do belt drives get hot. What happens? cheers

Offline mike667

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 22.01. 2009 23:01 »
Mike,
Sorry this is off topic.
You are getting a Norton primary cover machined to cool your belt drive.
Do belt drives get hot. What happens? cheers

yes -  the belt gets hot and get tighter, so a few holes is suppose to keep them "cooler" not sure to what degree - but have had a few friends who run them at high rpm's and they find the belts have shorter life span in covers without ventilation -i have had one on my commando for 5 years but usually don't run it to fast (more of because where i live, if you can get 65+ for any length of time its either 2 am or your out running the coppers - or both!)