Author Topic: A7/A10 Front Crash Bar - Top Fixing  (Read 709 times)

Online Terryb

• A's Good Friend
A7/A10 Front Crash Bar - Top Fixing
« on: 07.11. 2014 19:12 »
Hi All,

Can anybody post a photo of a typical top fixing for a front crash bar please? I've just purchased one and the top fixing is missing, so I need to make one stainless. Thanks.

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
Re: A7/A10 Front Crash Bar - Top Fixing
« Reply #1 on: 07.11. 2014 21:43 »
hi guys,Terryb, hope this is the right one, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #2 on: 08.11. 2014 09:28 »
The usual one is a flat plate welded to the bars and a single bolt to a flat plate on the inside of the frame between the two down tubes,
The original item is  lot more complicated with two mounts that clamp on to the down tubes and a pivot bolt to allow them to be swung foreword to facilitate the removal of the exhaust pipes.
In reality this set up does not work as the bars foul on the front forks before they swing far enough to clear the pipes so you have to remove th bars before you remove the pipes just the same
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Online Terryb

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 09.11. 2014 19:55 »
Thanks Guy's, I guess I need to put my thinking cap on. The problem as I see it is, that you've got two down tubes in the vertical and the ctrs. are not consistent (tapered) and one in the horizontal. Could use a flat SS plate to bridge between the down tubes and a series of SS U'bolts, a bit messy though. Can't seem to find a commercial solution, like a twisted clamp. Thanks anyway.