Author Topic: bit of a rant  (Read 3222 times)

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
Re: bit of a rant
« Reply #15 on: 08.03. 2009 12:57 »
Look at it another way, what is the price of a set of exhaust pipes and silencers of good quality ?

For example, a good and reputable local supplier sells these for £138 for the silencers and £90 for the pipes. I can't vouch for the quality, but given his reputation I would say they are good. So you will have to pay about £240 for a set.

Now, to put this into perspective, in my shed I have a 1974 japereraki Z1 and replacement exhausts [4 pipes] for this are obtainable from the manufacturer, and with all the kit and caboodle they cost over £1000. GULP!!

Looked at in that way, we [in the UK], get good quality stuff for our brit bikes at a fair price, but I think that maybe we should just accept that if a good set from Burton costs £240, then thats what they cost, and if we find a set made in taiwan for £75 on the internet then they will probably be rubbish.

I'm not suggesting anyone here has done this, but we cant expect the cheap ones to be to the quality of the proper ones. However if we pay for quality stuff, then we should expect quality stuff.
Regards

Andy

1958 Super Rocket
Plus
Harley Super Glide Custom
Yam XJR 1300