Author Topic: Now here is a funny thing! (Horn not working)  (Read 513 times)

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
Now here is a funny thing! (Horn not working)
« on: 11.03. 2015 10:20 »
I have just finished converting my RGS to a QD headlamp set up. Now, heres a funny thing. Everything went well with one exception. The horn did not work. The horn was working before I fitted the new wiring harness but resolutely refused to function after the re-wire. Anyway I got the meter out, and everything checked out just fine. Continuity was OK, and power was present at the horn terminals, but not a peep was to be heard. So, I went for a short ride, and on my return (more in hope than expectation) I tried the horn. It worked!! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might have been? The horn is operated through a Tricon switch by the way.
John

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Now here is a funny thing! (Horn not working)
« Reply #1 on: 11.03. 2015 10:50 »
I have no idea but here's a horn joke:

A girl went out on a date with a trumpet player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was it? Did his embouchure make him a great kisser?"

"Nah," the first girl replied. "That dry, tight, tiny little pucker; it was no fun at all."

The next night she went out with a tuba player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Ugh!" the first girl exclaimed. "Those huge, rubbery, blubbery, slobbering slabs of meat; oh, it was just gross!"

The next night she went out with a French horn player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Well," the first girl replied, "his kissing was just so-so; but I loved the way he held me!"
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 11.03. 2015 11:04 »
is this a new Tricon by anychance - I just had the same problem, the metal strip the horn pushes down was not contacting the handlebar, my attempts to bend it just made it worse, ended up putting the inards of the old tricon in the new ones housing and now it works.
Should of sent it back really
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 11.03. 2015 16:06 »
John, surely an earth was bad somewhere and a bit of BSA vibration made it good again, regards Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom