Author Topic: speedo bulb  (Read 2137 times)

Offline BrianDallasTX

• A's Good Friend
speedo bulb
« on: 05.09. 2006 21:10 »
Didn't want to stick this into the previous thread on lights.  Can anyone tell me the correct size bulb for the chrono. speedo?  A part number or a direct replacement type supplier etc. would be most helpful.  At night I use the ambient light from the street lamps to check my speed.  It would be nice to have this fixed.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian
'63 A10 Super Rocket

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
Re: speedo bulb
« Reply #1 on: 05.09. 2006 21:31 »
IIRC It's a 2.2 Watt small bayonet bulb. Any classic bike spares shop should stock them but make sure the glass is no wider than the metal base or it won't go through the hole in the speedo.

Offline BrianDallasTX

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 08.09. 2006 03:08 »
Well here is the solution that I came up with.  I was cleaning out my Grandma's garage and I found a whole bag of NOS flashlight bulbs.  So I took them home and tried out a 2 different ones and then I came up lucky on the third.  Fits perfect and works like a champ.  The bonus is that I have several more  ;D

Brian
Brian
'63 A10 Super Rocket

63a10r

« Reply #3 on: 08.09. 2006 23:53 »
 hey brian. this is barefoot ed. this is how i fixed that problem. go to radio shack
and get a small length of fiber optic. run two pieces thru the wiring loom from the headlight to each of your clocks. this has the extra advantage of lettin you know if your headlamp is on.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #4 on: 10.09. 2006 08:39 »
The fibre optic -excellent idea!

E.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"