Author Topic: Primary sprocket / clutch alignment/ modification guide  (Read 4649 times)

Online Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Col. B and M crank splines are a different size from the A series, as I found when a bargain sleeve didn't fit. Turned out it was from a B31, but the sprocket is the same.

Swarfy.

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.chesterfield uk 500sscafe.norbsa project
over the years I have come across many different cush parts and I have sleeves with different thickness shoulders. I was at gaggs motorcycle shop years ago and he invited me to look through his boxes of many different springs and the rest of the parts, I came away with an assortment to do my build years ago, he only pointed out to me the plunger ones being a lot different . it's a pity the part numbers for these things don't give measurements for each one

Online RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
Looking back at the earlier pics, I note the scroll on the Pearson adaptor is the opposite hand to the others.
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi RD,
Please re read the post again,
There is no pic of the Pearson adaptor, Those have the scroll cut off and a lip seal is used on an alloy sliding plate

Yes the pattern adaptor shown is one of the wrongly made ones that were floating about some years ago

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Online RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi John,
looking at the Pearson adaptor pic again, I see it's a 'gold star' adaptor. Surely A series and singles rotate the same way?
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi RD

Please re read the post again,
There is no pic of the Pearson adaptor

The headings are above the photos

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)