Author Topic: Bloody Weather  (Read 154 times)

Online bikerbob

• Resident Legend
Bloody Weather
« on: 20.05. 2017 17:45 »
Decided to have a run to see the guys at the North East BSA owners club camp it is only 28 miles from where I live, cleaned and polished the bike yesterday even the missus remarked on how nice and clean and shiny it looked. Weather at home  warm and sun is shinning great, set off got about 10 miles and the roads were damp another 5 miles and had to go into the middle of the road to avoid the roadside puddles this is not good. Arrived at the campsite and it is chucking it down, went into the pub had a drink and had a chat with some the guys that had not went out on the run seems it has rained all morning hung around for a couple of hours then the rain eased off so took the chance and headed for home. Got home and guess what  no rain and the sun is still shinning now will have to spend tomorrrow morning  cleaning the bike all over again, such is the vagaries of the UK weather.

Offline cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Bloody Weather
« Reply #1 on: 22.05. 2017 12:39 »
Yeah, the weather was a little here and there on Saturday. I was riding cross country West from mid-Essex for a pipe club visit to Blakemar Briars nr Milton Keynes, albeit on my T3.

http://blakemar.co.uk/

I somehow managed to miss all of the downpours both there and back though I did hit some seriously wet roads en route both ways. Bike was grimy when I started and probably dirtier now.
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Bloody Weather
« Reply #2 on: 22.05. 2017 13:21 »
My club had a weekend camp out ride planned. Friday the rain bucketed down and the forecast was for more of the same for Saturday. I called the ride off till next weekend. Well Sat morn was overcast then the sun came out, the stars shone overnight and Sunday was sunny. Bugga. Bet it rains next weekend.
That's why they call it Mother Nature, if it was Farther Nature there'd be sun every day and a little shower of rain at night.
Cheers

'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7