Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 130286 times)

Offline Whipstrut

• Moving Up
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #435 on: 26.02. 2019 23:08 »
I removed the too short studs from my engine cases (studs for the barrels), and ordered the new, stainless ones. Also determined that my A10 engine came from a RR, not a GF.

Offline Whipstrut

• Moving Up
« Reply #436 on: 27.02. 2019 03:00 »
Thanks for the tip, The number on the case is followed by "HHC".

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
« Reply #437 on: 27.02. 2019 09:16 »
Took the A10 out for a run with the club today, over to Nannup 140Ks most enjoyable *grins* *loveit*

Busselton West Australia
49 A7 longstroke
58 A10  SA

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #438 on: 27.02. 2019 12:10 »
I’ve ridden out just twice so far this year. Third Sunday in Jan and then again for Feb – on my V50 and over to the Guzzi Club Essex branch meet ups was all. I think round my way the roads are carrying maybe four layers of salt since any rain last fell, surely an all new record.

So this last weekend when it was bright and sunny and lovely would I have rather been out on the road than slaving in my garage? No I would have preferred to be bringing my vegetable plot up to snuff for the new growing season.

On biking activity I have been building up my SP off roader with all new clothes, re-clutched and serviced my pals V50, vanned his Griso out for a proper mechanic to fix. Next up I am servicing his XT225 Serow this coming weekend, and pulling my T3 down for gearbox and clutch attention.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #439 on: 27.02. 2019 13:30 »
 *angry* My 32 year old central heating boiler has just been condemned - just as well warmer weather is on its way and I can forget about it on the bike.  Cost ca. £1400 for system boiler, system flush, installation - does that sound ok?  Anyone near Wakefield who can do it cheaper (mates rates?) *whistle* *whistle* *roll*.

Warmest Feb and Winter days on record - anyone for global warming?
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #440 on: 27.02. 2019 14:53 »
Cleaned the pip off the points on the A7, then fitted a new lifting handle (much fettling required!) then swapped the main jet for a smaller one. Adjusted the rear brake light switch and refitted the newly charged Cyclon battery. She's ready to roll.

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #441 on: 03.03. 2019 20:34 »
i did not go to the pub *eek* so i shedied and got moving on the featherybed project, the threads on the back damper stubs on the box swing arm were so mistreated and corroded they started life as 7/16 bsf but now as if by magic they are 3/8ths bsf. i can't find a 30mm id 52 od taper bearing for the suzi forks to fit on the bottom of the stem so it looks like maybe a 28mm id and take 2mm off the bottom of the stem-- enough meat to do this if needed, a trip to bearing supplies imminent . the top race is 25mm id by 52od and that's not a problem. also started the first faze of putting the rrt2 thingy together to get it put aside for later. ey by gum it's amazing what you can get done when not sat in pubs for 10 hours *eek* *eek* *eek* *beer* *beer* *beer* *good3*

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Resident Legend
  • The A7
« Reply #442 on: 03.03. 2019 22:08 »
Apparently, you cannot get the primary side front footrest holder on when the primary inner case is on  *sad2*. I tried and tried but it would not fit though the gaps even with all the bolts holding the inner primary case removed  *fight*. Was about to take of the clutch but had one more go, moved the gearbox forward and big screw driver to lever it in place thank god for that  *smile*. Had to take the rear enclosed chain case top and bottom off three time in the process but all bolted up now. AND that bolt the secures the rear of the primary case to the frame with the footrest holder in is even more of a pain  *rant*.
1961 A7 since 1976, 1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project, 1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 Triumph T100, 1981 Ducati Pantah 500, 1959 AJS model 20

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #443 on: 04.03. 2019 09:50 »
Did pretty much what I said.

Saturday I rode out on my Guzzi Loop Frame – ‘Jug’ to deliver a whole bunch of bits for powder coating. Sorted most of the SP electrics and serviced the Serow. That has to have the smallest oil filter I’ve ever seen. It also has a separate gauze at the drain plug.

Sunday stripping out ‘Blue’ the T3 I found pretty heavy going. Working on my own it was physically about all I could manage when separating the top off the bike. Anyway, the gearbox is now boxed up and ready to catch the post to Nigel is Stafford. I’ll be expecting to reverse the procedure in a couple of weeks. The dry clutch was satisfyingly lubricated so the strip down was a good call.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #444 on: 04.03. 2019 15:52 »
Stopped the RGS replica from pinging by raising the needle, and fitting a richer slide.
Started preparing GF for next week-end's Bunbury Two Day. 176 bikes entered, see you there Gavin, and Peter!
And fitted top end to the Red Hunter.

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
« Reply #445 on: 05.03. 2019 00:35 »
Looks good Richard, see you at the 2 day I'm on the first and second check point. *good3*
Peter

Busselton West Australia
49 A7 longstroke
58 A10  SA

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #446 on: 06.03. 2019 15:00 »
I have not been to the pub *smile* the gods have been kind, went to local bearing shop for a 30mm id 52 od taper bearing for the project feathery bed. they don't do them but they do 28mm id, BUT!!!! he put me on to a firm that do!! *respect* so now I am a happy bunny top and bottom head stock races ordered and no having to turn the stem down *good3* so it will be pub friday *beer*

Offline Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #447 on: 08.03. 2019 09:54 »
Managed to remove a well  rusted on dynamo drive sprocket from a barn find A10.  Tried a bit of heat and a slim legged puller. It was a real defiant one, no luck here, in the end took off the inner timing cover,  stuck on, (so needed slide hammer and puller on the sprocket) then removed the idler gear from the spindle with nice 3 jaw puller, and took out the key  leaving just the sprocket on the taper.  Pushed it off the spindle  in the big vice with a cylindrical spacer plus a bit of heat to help.   Nice to save the part, rather than take the easy way with the angle grinder.

Swarfy.

Additional. No threads were damaged, no knuckles skinned, sprocket runs true, so all good for once.

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Resident Legend
  • The A7
« Reply #448 on: 08.03. 2019 22:11 »
 *problem* *fight* *angry* *sad* New bright shiny exhaust pipes for the A10 arrived, unpacked and trial fitted. They don’t fit damik. Same problem as I have found in other threads on new exhausts the bracket it about 5mm to short. Maybe would fit with a spacer but then the mounting stud is to short. Contacted seller and they have promised to sort, sounds hopeful but I wanted her finished and off the ramp so the next one can go on and get its winter TLC.
1961 A7 since 1976, 1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project, 1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 Triumph T100, 1981 Ducati Pantah 500, 1959 AJS model 20

Online Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #449 on: 09.03. 2019 08:57 »
Re exhaust front pipes.  When I put the left front pipe on (came new with the bike), I had to put a dent in the top just before it meets the silencer and right under the left hand footpeg.  The reason, the front pipe wouldn't line up with the silencer because it was fouling the nut on the engine stud that also retains the footpeg.  Putting the 'dent' in it allowed the front pipe to be pushed underneath the nut and therefore line up with the silencer??  I sure this shouldn't be the case or some l/h front pipes come with a recess.  The nut on the stud is the correct 'slimline' item - any thoughts??
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250