Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 130273 times)

Offline madsens

• A's Good Friend
  • 1962 A10 GF - Fyn, Denmark
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #555 on: 01.05. 2019 12:07 »
did an Oil change today, and chainlube (I have an enclosed chainguard, but missing the  front part, so now really marking its territory;o) and checked for loose parts and then a short trip to be sure everything is working ok, as I'm going on a weekend trip to Northern Germany (west of Hamburg) together with some other members of the Danish BSA club)... hoping the weather will turn out good...
After the weekend I will be retorquing the top, and then play with the rocker box and tappets (hate that part ;o) but need to get all ready and good for the BSA IR in August...

Hope to meet some of you there - will be using the T-shirt  *smile*

rgds
Joergen
BSA A10GF 1962
Denmark

Offline chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #556 on: 01.05. 2019 12:11 »
Hi GB,
Yes,
I copied those pics from the auction catalog. Lot 467
I think I stole it , all the others I have seen for sale were 10k upwards  *smile*
John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Online Colsbeeza

• Resident Legend
« Reply #557 on: 01.05. 2019 13:15 »
Got the crankshaft out a few days ago. Did a Static Balance measurement today. Seems to be about 56% Balance Factor.
Getting it ready to get a Dynamic balance done next week, then re-assembly. Miked Journals, rods etc. All good. Buggerall wear.
Col
1961 Golden Flash
Australia

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #558 on: 01.05. 2019 18:41 »

Hope to meet some of you there - will be using the T-shirt  *smile*
That is exactly why I suggested the idea of a branded forum garment.

I'm planning to be there for a couple of days. I'm close enough to travel from home. I will also wear a forum tee-shirt. See ya!
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
What have you done with your bike's today
« Reply #559 on: 03.05. 2019 00:27 »
I have not been to the pub, but I am tomorrow *grins* *beer* so today I decided to do a little maintenance on betsy beezer, some of you may remember me moaning about the first start up of the year and having nearly kicked the bucket [again] kicking and kicking I decided to warm the plugs and she started. I was saying I wasn't used to the choke on the mikuni and once up and running she was ok to restart . well today having checked the points gap with a 12 thou feeler the points had opened up to whatever they wanted to be *eek* the moving contact had come loose in the arm so basically letting it dance about wherever it wanted to up to a gap of 30thou,  I sorted that out *bash* *good3* and she started 3rd kick. I will see if this was my cold starting problem in the coming weeks and months because summer in the uk is cancelled until september *evil*

Offline BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #560 on: 05.05. 2019 23:08 »
Had a chilly run down to Paignton for BMAD event on Friday returning today. Went down on A roads but came back on motorway. Arrived in quite a state as A10 had started to play up usually at busy roundabouts *eek* *angry*. Fiddled with plugs and leads fri eve but am fairly sure it's a carby event. Blast back on motorway was much smoother with bike running well on full choke. Was intending to ride back with some friends, meeting up at 9 a.m. Unfortunately due to a drinking event on Sat night was not fit to ride until 2.30 pm ::hh:: *countdown* *sick*. I blame Berger's influence on this forum, i will also not be partaking of alcoholic beverages for a very very long time!
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

beezermacc

« Reply #561 on: 05.05. 2019 23:51 »
Five of us from the Cheshire Branch of the BSAOC went to watch the Classic Scramble near Stoke on Trent. Had a great day out and pleased to report that my A10 (Golden Flash - the red one with the single saddle I built last year) won an award for 'Best Vintage Bike' !!!

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #562 on: 06.05. 2019 05:05 »
Rode 61  miles one way to the event in the attached flyer. The event took place at the most local real vintage motorcycle shop. Morrie's Place.  The finale of the get-together was s ride up into the southern Wisconsin countryside. Very nice, but, without my prior knowing, added about 70 miles to my round trip, So, ended up with about a 200 mile ride today. That's a really long ride for me.

Ri hard L.

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #563 on: 06.05. 2019 08:58 »
G'day fellas.
Yesterday we had our Berry Classic Bike Show hosted by my local club Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc. The weather was very iffy with a few good showers through the day explaining the low numbers entered (98). The last downpour  was as I was loading the BSA's onto the trailer. I got soaked as my Dryizabone was 100 yards away! A good turnout nonetheless. Should be able to donate about $2000 to our chosen charity Yumaro. http://www.yumaro.com.au/
I was hoping the Cafe would pick up the Classic Modified trophy as there was only her and a slightly modified but very shinny Matchy. The Cafe came 2nd! My camera spat the dummy so for pics you can go here https://sites.google.com/site/shoalhavenclassicmc/home
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #564 on: 06.05. 2019 11:43 »
Fantastic that your club will be able to donate a respectable sum to that very worthy charity.

Richard L.

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #565 on: 06.05. 2019 21:20 »
I was hoping the Cafe would pick up the Classic Modified trophy as there was only her and a slightly modified but very shinny Matchy.
I heard they wanted but then someone said “Let’s not because if he wins he’s gonna want to let us hear how she sounds at 7000 rpm...” *whistle*
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #566 on: 07.05. 2019 08:26 »
But i did leave a nice black line in the car park riding her back to the ute *bash*
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #567 on: 07.05. 2019 10:28 »
Should be able to donate about $2000 to our chosen charity Yumaro. http://www.yumaro.com.au/
*smile*
https://sites.google.com/site/shoalhavenclassicmc/home
Cheers
*smile*
Some great machinery.

There is a Triumph with what looks to me like a strange looking cylinder head; the exhaust ports are facing straight forward. Is the head from a generator engine?
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
« Reply #568 on: 07.05. 2019 11:43 »
G'day GB.
Looks like this https://tinyurl.com/y6eewdhh
Cheers
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #569 on: 07.05. 2019 12:35 »
Well I dreamt of mine last night – another fuel tap leak. It all got very complicated and involved a lot of detritus from the tank blocking up the filters. There were even one or two of you folks (but who?) turned up to help me. I’m not sure you were too impressed.

But what would some psychobabble dream analyst make of that one?

Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza